Battle 50: Resurrection – VOTING

You have 50 hrs and 35 minutes to vote. Vote vote vote! =)

No worries if you’re too busy to write comments. You can do that afterwards too if you like.

So what’s going on here?
Everyone can vote, don’t have to write a long story.
Just ‘I like @gfdhjbv’ the most! :smiley:

Yeah, I’m gonna extend the voting until Sunday, since even most of the participants haven’t cast their votes yet. So new DL: Sunday 3rd Dec midnight wherever you are!

Hi guys, super sounds all round. Just wanna get my vote in, use it or lose it.

I would like to cast my vote to @edzillamusic. I loved your idea of switching between the two themes and how that twangy guitar sound was very much the focus there on one of them. It contrasted really nicely with the other theme which had a clean feel about it and had nice use of the string sound engine (appropriate engine choice too). It was a super loud recording, which often ain't easy, so props for that too.

One day I will join these battles again. I did try for this one, but wasn't that enamoured with anything I came up with. Gotta be blinding to compete with you lot ;-)
Yeah, I'm gonna extend the voting until Sunday, since even most of the participants haven't cast their votes yet. So new DL: Sunday 3rd Dec midnight wherever you are!

Oh I’m meant to vote?? Whoops

@Edzilla is my vote

Yes, see the first voting rule -written IN CAPITAL LETTERS- in the first posting.

Gotta listen another time, couldn’t decide yet.

Yes, see the first voting rule -written IN CAPITAL LETTERS- in the first posting.

Awwwwww…

OK, I've had the chance to listen to everything a couple times now:

@MirEko - love this track, the vocal sample usage is great and I really like the piano riff underneath.

@Teder - Tight track! This is the shit.

@dschu - the beat is awesome, makes me feel weird. Actually the whole song makes me feel strange, and thats a great feeling. those vocals...

@rudolphrapid - haha, this is so happy. Love that sample that comes in spread wide for a bit, then I have to hit the dance floor for a short time, I guess.

@mixrasta - You did a superb job getting everything to sound from that time, great work! Fun track

@the307 - really like that 2nd synth riff! Nice!

@jack_hightower - haha, I thought somebody was a getting call in the middle. Great changes!

MY VOTES:

@MirEko

@Teder

@dschu

Really great battle everybody!

I still need to vote…
I still need to vote…
I still need to vote…
I still need to vote…
I still need to vote…
I still need to vote…
I still need to vote…

I’m slacking off with comments, as usual, but I want to vote for @Edzilla’s Havaii 78. I love how it goes beyond a traditional remix. There are clearly distinct sections of “old” and “new”, but the whole piece still stays rhythmically and stylistically coherent. The use of String engine in the track is great. And the whole composition is… well, unusual, but still very musical.

Again, it’s a tough decision, each entry is great. But there can only be one-two-three…

My votes go to:
@MirEko
@mixrasta
@Teder

Sorry for not commenting… :frowning:

My vote goes out to @MirEko for the moby vibe and fact that this vocal sample is now stuck in my head :stuck_out_tongue: (were all allowed to vote right?)

I'm honored to have taken place in my first ever battle, coming to you as a newbie (I've had my OP-1 for about two months). Lots of insanely talented people here that I can learn a lot from, and I hope I can grow and contribute to the community in time, as well.

@MirEko Such a brilliant smashing together of two songs. Something I really need to learn more.
@Teder You added urgency to the track in a way that really keeps me listening.
@dschu I'm a sucker for those chords (I'm fairly new to studying theory, but Maj7's, I believe?) and your broken beat is fire.
@rudolphrapid You took an iconic tune we've all heard so many times (at least here in the States) and turned it into something almost unrecognizable in the best of ways.
@mixrasta This reminds me, somehow, a bit of the score for The Incredibles, which I adore.
@the307 A little self-critique: I feel like my mixing needs a lot of work, but I'm happy with the pieces of the songs I sampled.
@Edzilla The dynamics, the arrangement, the out-of-the-box sound design...this track keeps pulling me in.
@jack_hightower This track has such a consistent vibe, it feels like it transports the listener. I want to go wherever it's taking us.

My vote: @Edzilla pulled off my favorite kind of weird. I love your track! @dschu a close second.

Ok, voting complete, and the winner is @Edzilla with seven votes! Congrats everybody for creating great tracks, and especially @Edzilla for winning the battle! Looking forward to Battle number 51!

Wow, thanks everybody! Special thanks to @vehka, who came up with an awesome, inspiring battle.

Now it’s time to get to work on battle 51. I will have it up this week.

Great battle everybody!

Wow, just taking the time to listen to the entries now… What a great battle !!

I’m very impressed, well done ladies and gentlemen !