Battle 52 - Off the grid
For this battle, we're going "off the grid". That means no tape markers!! Scary, I know. Go on, be brave, go to the metronome screen and turn the green encoder all the way to the left. Rid yourself of the shackles of the grid and experience a new freedom! Let it inspire you to experiment with different tempos and song structures.
Pro tip: to help with navigation, notice that in this mode, shift + left / right now jumps to the previous / next snip in the tape (actually quite cool).
For this battle, you are allowed to use:
- The FM synth engine
- The DBox drum engine
- ...and because it's Battle 52, you can also sample the track "52 Girls" by the B-52's (youTube link below)
- Go nuts with effects, lfo's, drive, resampling, bouncing to album and back again, just no other sound sources than the above.
- Keep your track to as close as 3 mins as possible.
- Feel free to submit up to 2 tracks, voting done on the track, not the producer.
- All mastering done within the Op-1.
- Upload to SoundCloud