Battle 89 (a proposal)

It seems like the winner of Battle 88 has left the planet. Anyone else want to stop waiting and make a new one? My proposal is, make a song inspired by minimalist (Steve Reich/Caterina Barbieri, etcetera) style music that relies completely on any of the different sequencer engines (arp, endless, finger, pattern, etcetera) of the OP-1.

7 Likes

Here’s my contribution…

4 Likes

i haven’t listened to yours yet but i will soon. i’d like to participate but i’m new here and didn’t catch the previous one or the context rules. how long do i have to submit my piece? any other important info you reckon i ought to know? thanks!!

3 Likes

Hey, so, I guess I’ll just make it up on the spot…

the deadline is December 21st
you have to use the sequencing engines for all the sounds you produce
investigate “minimalism” as a compositional style and use that as your guiding light
there is no song limit or sound source limit other than everything has to come out of the op-1
feel free to make up any other boundaries to aid you in your creation

That’s all I got…

4 Likes

God, my last contribution to a battle was #25, almost 10 years ago! I just can’t believe it.

Anyway, thanks a lot @erbazeli for this proposal, I hope my contribution fits your rules. I went really minimalist on the production side too, using only th FM synth and Arpeggio sequencer. Just a little bit of master delay as well.

Looking forward to listening to you guys’ songs.

6 Likes

Thank you for keeping this going! I’m sorry for “leaving the planet” and leaving everyone hanging.

2 Likes

The OP prevails… I’m glad you made a track, I like it a lot.

Hey! You still exist. I got impatient. Lots of rain and lots of coffee… sorry to step on your opportunity. Did you have a battle idea in mind???

1 Like

You are just fine! I took way too long. I think your proposal is a great idea. I’m excited to make a submission.

3 Likes

Awesome

here is my battle 89 submission!

-chris

7 Likes

Really enjoyable “Clapping Music” vibes. So smooth @djcuvcuv

2 Likes

hey thanks! that is one of my bigger inspirations for this one. i forget the other one of steve’s i really really like but the cover is a colorful assortment of what look like ribbons and its an orchestra playing beautiful repetitive patterns

1 Like

Here’s my submission - didn’t know there were battles -excited to participate!

4 Likes

Here’s my submission! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A blessed Yule (winter Solstice)! Any chance for a day extension on the deadline? i am very close to finished with my entry…

Inquiring minds want to know…
psound74

2 Likes

That’s fine. Same goes for anyone else. Unless it’s going to cause a stir, I’m not strict. But hurry up!

1 Like

Thanks for the extension, here we go…

Best of luck to all!
psound74

4 Likes

Ok. The submission period has ended… I don’t know how to make a vote… Can someone tell me/do it?

1 Like

Make a new thread with “battle 89 voting” in the subject line.

Then in the toolbar, there is a gear icon under which there is “build poll” you can then copy/paste the links (or the titles, if you wish) and there you go…

HTH,
psound74

3 Likes