Battle 90

Let’s make this Oscar worthy. Your track must contain a sample from a best picture winner

Here’s the list here

7 Likes

What’s the deadline? April 30

1 Like

I’d say get them in by March 31st

2 Likes

Let’s goooo! :nerd_face::sunglasses:

1 Like

awesome this is a great prompt. count me in!

2 Likes

I’m in as well!

2 Likes

Checking in - How’s everyone doing on this one so far? Tracking for a 3/31 submission still?

I’ll be frank - I’m not. I’ve chosen a movie to from the prompt and watched, noted, recorded, & sorted (most) of the sounds I want to use as my palette, so-to-speak, but the non-musical parts of my life have been getting in the way of getting to the actual music making part (you know, the part that’s the most rewarding & fun - at least in my opinion)

I’m sure I’ll get something done in the next week or so - just throwing it all out here for what it’s worth and want to see how others are fairing.

1 Like

Guys, is it possible to extend this till end of April?

1 Like

I’m ok with extending the date until 4/30

4 Likes

comedy-waynes-world

Just checking on in this with ya’ll again.

How’s everyone doing on this?

I got a enough down that I’m happy with it all.
Still have plenty more ideas to incorporate before I’m finished - which I plan on doing over the weekend.

Plodding along, same idea to finish over the weekend!

psound74

1 Like

Hi huys, my OP1 broke. Had to send it in for repair and i am still waiting… so this time i‘m out.

Oh no! That sucks man.
My OP1f is kinda broken too - the VU/Charging/Monitor LEDS as well as the internal microphone aren’t working - plan on sending it in for repairs once I get my song submitted here.

Speaking of - practically done, just need to get in off the OP and into the computer to get uploaded.
I’m having the experience of the song not sounding the same on differing stereos/speakers which is incredibly frustrating.

Regardless I’m really happy with what I’ve created and I’m excited to share it to a wider audience than my immediate family!

1 Like

OK, here we are with my take on Poor Things - dialog between Bella and Max.

148bpm #OP1ƒ #op-forums.com #battle090 #battle90 #poorThings

My first OP1field Battle entry…all that new power seems like it took longer to produce a track (lost in the panning!)

Enjoy,
psound74

P.S., after all was said, done, and uploaded, i reread the battle and realized it wanted a sample from a best picture winner…in my mind, Poor Things should have won…

1 Like

Without further ado - I went with one of my personal favorite movies: Everything Everywhere All at Once

Still wasn’t completely satisfied with the mix, but I think it’s good enough. :grin:

1 Like

@psound74 I agree - so we’ll allow it!
@B1213j312 Great choice!

Going to make a voting thread right now!

2 Likes