Best OP-1 (new) price, that was genuine and problem free?

This price for an OD-11 looks fishy;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B017YSGQHG/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1478459259&sr=8-1&keywords=OD-11&condition=used

If something looks too good to be true…

musiciansfriend.com has it for 15% off right now, $722 USD. you have to call in the order for them to honor that price.

Hi, first post on the forum!

My OP-1 just arrived today from DJTechTools, makers of the MIDI Fighter and good tutorials etc.

I used the website sales chat and got them to match the musician’s friend discount on the OP-1, and it comes with the Unit Portables carrying case for free!

There was one on Amazon.de directly sold for 609 Eur On nov 18.

Just got mine 2 days ago! 780€ new on bax

something really weird is happening on amazon germany :smiley: the “official amazon” price is swinging around 700€? what happened? i bought mine just a month ago for about 900€… what a bummer D:

mhh… wait… still worth the cash. i love this synth… anyways.

something really weird is happening on amazon germany :D the "official amazon" price is swinging around 700€? what happened? i bought mine just a month ago for about 900€... what a bummer D:

mhh... wait... still worth the cash. i love this synth... anyways.

I almost bought mine for €918,- about two weeks ago, one day later it was €818,-.
I ended up buying it for €818,- and noticed the price had gone down after a week and asked for a refund (german store, thomann) because I would otherwise return it and re-order it. They refunded me the change but I saw yesterday that the price has gone down agáin!
I’ll wait to just before my “30-day trial” is over to ask for the second refund but I’d really recommend you do the same if you’re still less than a month away from your purchase day.

The first one I received had a defect so before I had the second one in my hands the price had gone down the first time…
I think they just made a new batch so that the prices can go down again, also nice before the new OS update.

There was one on Amazon.de directly sold for 609 Eur On nov 18.

thats right :slight_smile:

I purchased mine for about 650 US, and it came with a nice knit case!

I ended up buying it for €818,- and noticed the price had gone down after a week and asked for a refund (german store, thomann) because I would otherwise return it and re-order it. They refunded me the change but I saw yesterday that the price has gone down agáin!
I'll wait to just before my "30-day trial" is over to ask for the second refund but I'd really recommend you do the same if you're still less than a month away from your purchase day.
@Noiseflux yes, that's a good workaround. sadly i've realized the price drop 30+2 days after i brought the op-1 :D // but as i said, this little machine is really worth it. only thing to roil about... imagine how many PO-20s this could've been O_O

@subwayve @mssrcolby lucky you :-)

actually, its 655 @ amazon right now!

https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00CXSJUZS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

why is it that there are these rather substantial differences in price within days or even hours?
does anyone know?

actually, its 655 @ amazon right now!

https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00CXSJUZS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Mine worked out £610 after some fault/replacement/part-refund hassles. After ownjng it for a while I think that current price of approx £550 seems spot on. £750 seemed normal a while back and that’s way over. Spec is very dated and although the design in very cool it doesn’t seem overly high quality (the knobs especially). Amazing little box tho. At the current price its hard not to recommend one.

i think its a great device. although it has its flaws. main flaw for me is
- noise on the input when connecting USB-Midi (even if charging was switched off)
- noisy synths / overall very noisy. even if the levels are just below max, theres still a lot of noise.

tbh, that is my only real complaint about it. otherwise its great great!

A couple of weeks ago.

699 at thomann (b-stock)

https://www.thomann.de/it/teenage_engineering_op_1_b_stock.htm

If you live in Germany, ebay-kleinanzeigen is a very good place to find OP-1s for cheap.

I got mine with the TE carrying case, the antenna, display protector, all the toys (crank, bend, lego,…) for 600€.

Genuine, amazon, new £628 today

I saw an OP-1 for sale two days ago on Amazon.co.uk for a low price. It said it was a display unit from their “shop” and to contact them by email before buying. All the other products by the same seller had the same description, low prices, the seller only had feedback for selling a few second hand books, and no listed address. Definitely a scam, or at least something is wrong with it.

As a guideline, the actual Amazon price, though it has meandered a lot, seems to represent the lowest legit price from a vendor that won’t give you any hassles. Currently £628. I have been holding off for Black Friday before buying, but I somehow doubt there will be any good special offers to be had.

Last year the od-11 had about 40% off (amazon) on BF