Best polyphonic synth..!

Thanks for all the answers ! What guys do you think the Nord lead 1, juno 60/106 and the Mopho x4 ? By the way I watch at least 5-6 demos and read reviews of all the stuff you suggested me !

What do I think? I think I can’t afford all of them. :wink:

Seriously though I think a MicroKorg is cheaper than any of the above, and you did say you had a limited budget. It’ll serve you fine for the money.

you could also just use your OP-1 as a polysynth, but then you might want to control it with an external keyboard, since the OP-1’s own keyboard does not respond to velocity or aftertouch. But then you’d need a USB host box for it.

u can get some aftertouch like action on the OP1 keyboard using the element LFO, envelope style

I got some decent poly sounds from the OP-1 by using the the Cluster synth engine and the CWO effect tweaked as de-tune tape effect. Com Truise or Boards Of Canada do it to 99% of all their tracks to give it that slightly-out-of-tune feel. So no need to spent more $ on gear… it’s right infront of you @ciow.

At the moment I don’t have access to my machine, otherwise I would just post the OP patch. You can listen to the soundcloud link where I used the OP-1 with it.
Thanks for all the answers ! What guys do you think the Nord lead 1, juno 60/106 and the Mopho x4 ? By the way I watch at least 5-6 demos and read reviews of all the stuff you suggested me !

if I were buying today it’d be Nord Lead. It’s an OG VA and sounds like it (not quite as shiny as later ones), which I like. But damn synth prices (and those assholes on GearSlutz >.>) to hell, they’re twice as much as they were a few years ago in some cases. Don’t leave out the Roland JP-8000 (8080 rack) if you’re looking at VAs, or the Korg MS-2000 (the MicroKorg will get you most of the way to a MS-2000 if you don’t mind the programming). And you’re also in the price range of things like the Ultranova or Mininova, Gaia, etc.

since you have Push @ciow maybe a plugin synth would suit you? A lot of great options there. Ableton’s Analog is useful if you have Suite, kiloHearts ONE is very Rolandy (more 60/106 than Alpha), AudioRealism has a great Alpha Juno in ReDominator, there’s u-he’s Diva if your computer is up to the task, DiscoDSP’s Discovery emulates a Nord Lead quite well, and if you have Reaktor there’s an emulation in the User Library. And the free TAL plugins, of course. Plugins are a slippery slope, though, and not as much instant-control, but you’d have 8 mappable knobs at least.

+1 for using what you have @Felipe if Cluster+CWO will get @ciow the sound then more power to them.

BTW, I only suggested the Juno Alpha because it’s so much cheaper than the 60 or the 106, I’d much prefer to have one of those but around here they usually go for $1000.

yeeeeah I paid $300 for my MKS-50 a few years ago. A decade ago, $200 for an Alpha Juno 2 “owned by Rachel Starr” lol, $300 for a still-shrinkwrapped PG-300 programmer, $150 for a DX200… Now you have people pushing prices through the roof (and people paying it). Ah well.

The Microkorg is easy to program with its UI and has a great interactive Arp.It sounds great but is only 4 note poly whichs drops with stacking/unison.Its really playable though.

The Akai Miniak is a Micron engine in Akai interface,with more tweakability (two mod wheels plus easy assignable knobs),has a sequencer,8 note poly,sounds really nice also(its really powerful) -but is more difficult to program than korg. It has fullsize keys and 1000 patch memory while the Korg has 128.The microkorg is a top selling synth for a reason.so i recommend either of them.

Thanks @unflattered

the micron is great a bitch to program helps to get a app for your PC or iPad…