Best way to record OP-Z to iPad Pro?

One of the new ones, with the USB-C port. I’ve got a headphone to USB-C adapter and one of the microphone break-out cables, but short of another splitter can’t figure out a way to do good monitoring. Anyone else give this a try, or have a pointer to an audio recorder that provides monitoring?

To monitor, I use audiobus 3.

Thanks, @montgomeryword ! I didn’t think of that. I’ll give that a go.

@KF6GPE it takes a village! :slight_smile:

I am using a Roland Go Mixer PRO. It’s working very well. It comes with the usb-c cable and just plugs in and works out of the box.

Oh! @fatwookie, I’ve had one of those in my wish list for a week. SO TEMPTING. Glad to hear it works. I’ll order it today. :slight_smile: Thank you!! What apps do you use for recording?

I had a roland go that just made a nasty buzzing noise. I returned it, the local shop didn’t have any others. I hope I just had a bad one. I have been using a novation 2x4 audio hub. The only down side is that it is not battery powered.

@fatwookie said:
I am using a Roland Go Mixer PRO. It’s working very well. It comes with the usb-c cable and just plugs in and works out of the box.

I’ve been considering the Go Mixer - but I read that the internal mix from the iPad or iPhone doesn’t feed back through the Go’s monitor, is this true? Was hoping to use it with AUM to drive multiple soft synths, but that would be pointless if I can’t hear the iPad!
Currently using the Behringer UCA202, which does send the ipad’s Internal mix back to the monitor but only has one input and a ton of wires, CCK etc.

@sketcherazzi said:
I’ve been considering the Go Mixer - but I read that the internal mix from the iPad or iPhone doesn’t feed back through the Go’s monitor, is this true?

There is a switch on the Go Mixer:PRO that lets you do this called “loop back”. That being said, I had the Go Mixer:PRO for 1 day and returned it because of 2 huge problems:

• There is no way to turn off hardware monitoring. So no way to use it for effects processing like amp modeling.
  • There is no way to adjust the output volume. All knobs are for the input gain including the big one in the center. They used to call it “Master Gain” but now it is called “Monitor Out” in the manual with an asterisk that says:

(*1) The [MONITOR OUT] knob adjusts the overall volume that is recorded.

So yeah, it is a master gain.
The volume buttons one the iPhone/iPad do nothing when the device is connected.

I’ve since bought the Zoom H6 for several reasons and use it for recording on iOS. But I would be curious about the Zoom U-22.