[beta OS 216] Bug reports

@eesn

No I hadn't I've only just joined up, but here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98LxdRlQMBw&feature=youtu.be

It's a bit hard to see due to the compression artifacts and me stupidly making it a vertical video but here's what happens:

1) begin playing 2 bar loop
2) press shift-lift to pick up two bar loop
3) the op-1 deletes the audio bar for the 2 bar loop prior to this loop by mistake
4) I drop the audio back and it is still only the original lift, i.e. the bar before has disappeared
5) I jump to the loop before and solo the track that is 'missing' visually to show that you can still hear it.

It's not really that big of a deal compared to some other issues in the thread but still a bit annoying.

It's not really that big of a deal compared to some other issues in the thread but still a bit annoying.

that’s loss of data. wouldn’t call it “not really that big a deal”, at least it didn’t zero the audio there was.

I’m a little confused – where are we supposed to report bugs? TE seems completely irresponsive.

I’m not gonna put time into finding, replicating, and documenting bugs if they’re just going to ignore us.
I'm a little confused -- where are we supposed to report bugs? TE seems completely irresponsive.

I'm not gonna put time into finding, replicating, and documenting bugs if they're just going to ignore us.

Regardless of whether they respond, you should still email them. Maybe they aren’t going to respond to every email about it, but they will probably see the email.

I just got an automated reply from TE. It looks like my bug report was assigned a case number.

Looks like I got a little excited. I’ll continue to email TE bug reports. : )

To others, though: I don’t think this thread is official, and am not sure if TE is monitoring it. I’d recommend emailing TE directly with your bugs, as well as posting here (emailing TE directly being the important part).
I'm a little confused -- where are we supposed to report bugs? TE seems completely irresponsive.

I'm not gonna put time into finding, replicating, and documenting bugs if they're just going to ignore us.

Approach this from a different angle.if you put time into replicating, describing, and documenting the bug, they have no reason to ignore you. Also it’s safe to assume many beta testers are now emailing about things they’ve noticed now, ranging from longstanding bugs to placebo effects, so TE might be a little slow to respond. I got responses within 24h, and some in well out of office hours. ps Nowhere in TE’s communication so far has it said “we’re monitoring the [beta os 216] but reports thread”.

i had very direct and successful contact to the beta-support group. display was scrambled / upside down. they adressed the issue within hours. not a day went by and the thing was fixed.
so - just stay calm and steady about your issue. it will be fixed. be open and confident :slight_smile:

Approach this from a different angle.if you put time into replicating, describing, and documenting the bug, they have no reason to ignore you. Also it’s safe to assume many beta testers are now emailing about things they’ve noticed now, ranging from longstanding bugs to placebo effects, so TE might be a little slow to respond. I got responses within 24h, and some in well out of office hours. ps Nowhere in TE’s communication so far has it said “we’re monitoring the [beta os 216] but reports thread”.

As I mentioned, looks like I got a little excited. : )

It was more that they didn’t really say where and how to leave feedback. A public bug tracker would be nice, and would probably help TE out as well (de-duplicating and consolidating issues).

I have plenty of experience putting a lot of time into bug reports, only to be ignored by the given company. It’s hard to tell what’s going on when the bug reports go down the black hole of an email. We’re helping to improve their product, I don’t think it’s too much to desire some insight into what’s going on and if my bug report was seen.

that’s loss of data. wouldn’t call it “not really that big a deal”, at least it didn’t zero the audio there was.

update: They’re telling me to do a factory reset to the official release and reupgrade to the beta to see if that fixes the problem. I’ll try it out when i get back but haven’t had much luck with the factory reset in the past for this issue. I never downloaded the leaked beta so i’ve only been on the official release.

if anyone else is having this issue or any others please email teenage engineering, they’ve been super responsive to me!

update: They’re telling me to do a factory reset to the official release and reupgrade to the beta to see if that fixes the problem. I’ll try it out when i get back but haven’t had much luck with the factory reset in the past for this issue. I never downloaded the leaked beta so i’ve only been on the official release.

if anyone else is having this issue or any others please email teenage engineering, they’ve been super responsive to me!

Pretty stock response… hope they fix this.

Pretty stock response… hope they fix this.

I did a bunch of combinations of factory resets but was still easily able to reproduce the bug. Sent them another email, we’ll see what happens.

I don’t envy Tobias right now. But don’t hold back on reporting your findings to support@

I don't envy Tobias right now. But don't hold back on reporting your findings to support@

Didn’t they hire someone new too?

a small error that I’m surprised slipped by them:

The 4 dots in Arp aren’t equally spaced… (the last one is further out)

One thing I noticed in beta 216 was in drum mode selecting a different user slot automatically triggers a note. I’ll test again but I’m pretty sure there was a sequencer on (HOLD not enabled, maybe happened in arp or finger). I also miss 8 dots in beta 76 arpeggio. Battery meter seems to be more accurate on 216.
Cheers!

Speaking of drums. My old patches all seem to have their in-outs shifted along.

Speaking of drums. My old patches all seem to have their in-outs shifted along.

that’s a bug worth reporting.

Yes defo, good catch if that’s the case… would hope that the OS is backward compatible with our old kits.

Soooo my speaker just stopped working. I tried a factory reset and reinstalling the new OS, but still no luck… Anyone else have that?

Soooo my speaker just stopped working. I tried a factory reset and reinstalling the new OS, but still no luck... Anyone else have that?

Did you try plugging headphones in and out a couple of times with power on?