Ble Midi on Op-1F Crashing Constantly

Wondering if I have a defective unit (i am still within the return period), or if this is typical for everyone. I have tried connecting via Ble to sent midi notes to my Op1 Field from a Yamaha stage piano in a number of different ways. It will connect about 50% of the time, but then will crash (stuck notes) within anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes. When I send midi via USB C, I don’t have any crashes.

I’ve tried using CME Widi Master from the Yamaha keyboard to the Op-1F. Crashes. I have tested connecting OP1 F via Bluetooth to a MacBook and ipad, it crashes. I have also connected the Widi master via Bluetooth to the MacBook and the ipad, with no issues, and even then used USB-C to test forwarding those notes from the Widi Master on through the ipad and MacBook over to the OP1F, and it works fine. I’ve tested other configurations as well, and long story short, i have isolated the OP1F as being the issue. I’ve tried every setting within the COM page and subpages, and tried both ways of connecting OP1F Bluetooth, to multiple devices.

I really want to be able to use Ble because then i don’t have to deal with the ground noise i can’t seem to avoid when using USB, and I don’t want to have to use an iPad or MacBook as a midi host.

Anyways, does everyone have unreliable Ble midi connection on their OP1F or just me?

1 Like

Anyone else experience this issue? or is your ble midi connection reliable?