Can somebody recommend ios apps for creating cover art to go with songs/EPs?

Very cool, @kites

Pretty soon there’ll be an Instagram filter for that… :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh i see Krism , i got mixed up cuz i clicked on the link. Yes i found it as pixlr express thanks. Been playing with it the past hour, i like that it has some of them damaged film type overlays/borders. And the text is straight-forward, thanks for the heads up on the bug.

Lovely films there Kites and i dig the banner as well as your offer. Heh, should i ever encounter the problem of creating so much musical output, i will definitely take you up on that.

I appreciate that tip on the lettering Tribrix.

No problemo, I’m looking for projects to build up my portfolio, so keep me in mind :wink:

I highly recommend "Procreate" for layers, "Snapseed" for Filters & effects, and "Rhonna" for letter.

Here's a few I've done. For better or worse.

Nice @unflattered. I like the moods. Now is any part of the op-1 hand crank photo hand-drawn? Or what about the one above it? Just curious.

@Blipsford_Baubie

That crank is merely a photo from the box it came in, manipulated w/ "Glaze" app (to give it a painted look), then I used "Rhonna" for the lettering.

Formatting must be different on your device, because there is no image above that one, as far as I can see. Can you describe the one you mean?

Thanks for the compliment.

@Blipsford_Baubie

Just to jump ahead, the one that says "volume" was my hand drawings w/ stylus into an iPad art program.

The one that shows horizontal lines, in a "tornado" pattern is pen & ink on a post-it. Photographed & manipulated.

The black one w/ tribal patterns is a macro photo of a laminated finish on a counter @ my local library. Manipulated w/ Snapseed. The cityscape w/ globule is my photo of NYC from the off-ramp of GW bridge (inbound), and some little plastic bead I found on the floor in my office. The bead was shot, then superimposed on the city shot, then some screening layers & texture.

Thanks unflattered. Marvelous. I love hearing how you guys come up with your works, cause one thing i never knew that is becoming evident to me now thanks to the responses is that with visual art, nothing is what it seems. Similar to music, it really doesn’t matter, more or less, what you use.

@Blipsford_Baubie

All that concerns me is the finished product, and that I'm satisfied with it.

Check out processing.org processing is an artist friendly coding language that you can create more graphic results in. There’s oodles of open source code and experiments out there you can sample and combine to process or create any graphics you’d like. And it’s free!

@formatk Hot tip.

too bad @Blipsford_Baubie doesn’t have a computer, that sounds pretty cool. I may have to look into it and see what’s up.

I forgot to mention Adobe Ideas- a tremendously simplified version of Illustrator. Layer away!

Yes i’m embarrassed that i have an op1, and just received an ipad mini in lei of my iPad2, yet no computer. But the ipads i earned for free from years of saving my rewards tier points from my job (which shut down last month so i got the mini just in the nic of time). I look on the bright side: being on a tight budget the past several years is what made me decide to go for the op1 last year. It seemed more cost effective than upgrading from my PPC ibook, cause the OP1 can do it all, and i can lean on ios to fulfill any DAW needs. Plus i never would have met this swell community.

Thanks @formatk , reminds me of monome.org @kites snap would have never thought adobe got in on ios, and i love stripped versions cause i couldn’t handle regular Adobe when i gave it a try some 8 years ago.

Another program you should try out is Deko. It’s meant for wallpapers, in that it generates geometric abstract patterns. The interface is confusing – you swipe right to get a new pattern. If you swipe slowly you get 1-5 which determines how much you want to vary the existing design (5 is the most). If you like something tap once to bring up the menu. Hit + and then the middle button to save it. The 3rd button is for exporting to camera roll/twitter/etc.

Naw no need to be embarrassed. Things are simply the way they are :slight_smile:

Ah should have read your post properly @blipsford_baubie processing is just a code library really and there’s also processing.js which runs in your browser, so you should be able to work with a text editor and safari. This free app though will make it easier. There’s also another paid app called procoding which is similar. https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/processing-for-ios-javascript/id492576043?mt=8

I do some graphic design stuff. I will be up for collaborating if you want to.