Cannot Access Disk

I cannot access my disk anymore on my OP-1 :frowning:

It only reads but cannot be overwritten so I cannot put any assets into it anymore.

Does anyone know a new harddrive I can buy to replace the ones in the OP-1???

Thanks yā€™all :smiley:

@minorremedy There is no harddrive inside the OP-1, it used flash memory only. You could try the format option at the boot screen, that may help or it may make things even worse, like no letting you re-install the OS. The best option is probably sending an email to TE asking for advice.

@punji I formatted it couple of times and I can still update the OS but still the same problem everytime. I started getting these errors all the time before it stopped working.

Heartbroken :frowning:

Thanks for the suggestion tho

@punji I formatted it couple of times and I can still update the OS but still the same problem everytime. I started getting these errors all the time before it stopped working.

Iā€™ve gotten that error before (and know how to recreate it). I did a factory reset and all was fine. Did not format the disk though. Have you checked to make sure the disk isnā€™t set to ā€œread onlyā€ in your computerā€™s settings?

@sammyjams

Wow so wierdā€¦ I swear I was about to turn this thing into Teenage Engineering. So I let the whole thing sit for awhile untouched. Yes I did a couple factory resets and formatted the drive. It started to not turn on and I had to put the switch back and forth.

Well I had some small piece I was going to do with it the night before so had to scramble to come up with something else to play. Oh well I guess this works out. Wanted to preach the awesomeness of the OP-1 although :slight_smile:

remember format and factory resets are slightly different. My policy is a new session = dump all data and formatā€¦

i have a similar problem, my op-1 displays this message,(i canā€™t read it entirely, as my screen is also damaged ) ā€œ____ disk\ filesync_comm then something 2d/ missing source file/yaffs2/audio/preset_drum/user///borden volca.rawā€ and the usual boot error message of

0x10 etc.

hereā€™s a photo of the message

I have the same problem. I get an error saying ā€œMac OS canā€™t repair disk ā€˜No Nameā€™. You can still open or copy files on the disk, but you canā€™t save changes to files on the disk. Back up the disk and reformat it as soon as you can.ā€

Did reformatting the disk help?