Can't capture a sample through the OP-Z MIC input - w/screenshots

OP-Z Sampling Issue
I can’t capture a sample through the OP-Z MIC input. I’m trying to sample some audio from a voicemail to use on a track. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Hopefully one of you kind, intelligent folks with time on their hands can help a guy out.

When I go into sampling mode, I can’t see the blue end point LED like I do in the videos I’ve watched so that’s the first sign that something isn’t right. I can see the green beginning sample, but not the blue end point LED. (I created a new empty user sample bank, and I selected the bank to record into).

I’ve tried to sample with the I/O track w/line module active on/off, and with the MIC on/off. Nothing seems to get audio into the track. My Dry Level is 100% and my modules sends are at 100. Not sure if any of that matters, but I thought I should include it just is in case.

Here’s my setup,
Setup

• OP-Z
  • LM-4 Line Module
  • Create sample on the drum track
  • Dry Level on Line Module 100%
  • OP-Z 3.5 audio out → Speakers

I’ve watched 3 YouTube videos on sampling on the OP-Z, and I think I understand the process, but the results speak for themselves. Clearly I’ m missing something. I still can’t capture a sample through the MIC input. Any help is appreciated.

I took a few screenshots that may help with tracking down the issue.

I’m a bit late but have a few thoughts/questions that might help.

I see you’re using a drum track sampler because the app says Slice. Drum track samplers slice all audio into equal parts (maybe? not sure) across the keyboard, which could be your issue if you’re not familiar with it.

In that case, it’s possible that you’re just hearing very short slices of your recording and you’re not seeing the blue end point because it’s too close to the starting point. Are you able to get any audio if you move the start point all the way to the beginning (green encoder fully counterclockwise) and the end all the way to the end (blue encoder fully clockwise) and press the same key again?

Also, for some weird reason the app often makes samples look like they’re blank even when they’re not. The only way I know to fix it is to open sample mode on another sample (like on another track) and then re-open the one you want to see.

Last thought: you mention trying to record into the mic specifically. Does this mean the sampler acts normally when you use the line in or am I misunderstanding?