Can't update or get into diagnostic boot menu :(

Never had this happen before, I hold down COM and turn the unit on, and it just gives me a blank screen and nothing will happen.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can try? It’s worked before…

does the OP-1 work fine otherwise?

yep! it powers up fine normally, and no other issues…

i tried deleting all the files from the op-1 and had it rebuild the tracks, samples etc, still nothing :frowning:

it does make the tiny audible ‘pop’ noise that you hear when you first turn it on, just the screen stays blank forever

i tried deleting all the files from the op-1 and had it rebuild the tracks, samples etc, still nothing :(

it does make the tiny audible 'pop' noise that you hear when you first turn it on, just the screen stays blank forever

Unfortunately I’ve done lots of research into this and it sounds like a BIOS issue where you may have to send it back for service. When you try to enter the boot menu does it just stay in the black screen until you reset it, or does it go back to regular operation after a bit?

i tried deleting all the files from the op-1 and had it rebuild the tracks, samples etc, still nothing :(

it does make the tiny audible 'pop' noise that you hear when you first turn it on, just the screen stays blank forever

Unfortunately I’ve done lots of research into this and it sounds like a BIOS issue where you may have to send it back for service. When you try to enter the boot menu does it just stay in the black screen until you reset it, or does it go back to regular operation after a bit?

oh dang! thats a big bummer :frowning: it stays black until i reset it

This looks like a corrupted boatloader file. As VF said, you may need to send it back to TE for maintenance.

of course you tried factory reset … ?

I believe they can’t?