Case Options for the OP-Z (not OP-1)

OP-Z Case

@motone said:
Are there any photos of the leather case, except the three official ones? I’m most curious about how the OP-Z fits in there and how the case looks inside.

I haven’t seen any myself, but I too am interested.

@bl215w95st said:
I am selling a home made hard op-z case. Message me if you are interested - shipping to mainland US

Pics?

@boe_dye if you join the facebook group, you can see the fantastic job @bl215w95st has done with the cases.

Re the leather cases, I have read that it is micro fiber lined. Someone on instagram confirmed that it fits perfectly inside so presumably there is some additional protection for the little yellow volume tab.

I’m really keen to get the official leather case, but they keep pushing the dates back for them. Someone in the FB group suggested there could be some QC issues and they had been recalled - who knows.

Just ordered my OP-Z and found the following case that looks suitable, I have ordered one (I’m in the UK), seems they also go by the name of “Max Grip 3” elsewhere?

https://www.thecasefarm.co.uk/shop/dave/wee-dave-3/

1 Like

@Domatron said:
@boe_dye if you join the facebook group, you can see the fantastic job @bl215w95st has done with the cases.

Re the leather cases, I have read that it is micro fiber lined. Someone on instagram confirmed that it fits perfectly inside so presumably there is some additional protection for the little yellow volume tab.

I’m really keen to get the official leather case, but they keep pushing the dates back for them. Someone in the FB group suggested there could be some QC issues and they had been recalled - who knows.

Thatd be great, but I dont have a FB!

Hello,
I took the hard case that @bl215w95st made, added a TE logo and some of the op-z box art. I am pretty happy with how it came out. It feels like it’s a way safer case than the PVC. I throw it in the front pocket of the memeantena op-1 case with the PVC case holding cables and a set of ear buds.

If you don’t have access to a printer send @bl215w95st a message. You can find his post about the case here - Hard OP-Z Case Available

1 Like

Fintie Carry Case for Nintendo Switch - [Shockproof] Hard Shell Protective Cover Portable Travel Bag w/10 Game Card Slots and Inner Pocket for Nintendo Switch Console Joy-Con & Accessories, Orange https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MYXW2QV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_c02xCbEXNX095

£3.99 from Wilco car spares (but after finding this i looked on amazon and there many alternatives). Could not be a better fit, and no, it does not slip out.

4 Likes

Very smart.

I use a Freitag F533 FAY as a soft pouch.
It’s a little bit pricey (I’m a Freitag fan) but it do the job when I am around the house.

You can fit some extra stuff in it. I usually put a note book in it with a jack cable and apple headphones.

1 Like

Frietag is :fire:. I was just looking through all of their products because I was interested in what they were about and their designs are awesome!

HAHAHAHA!! That’s brilliant!!! How did you ever come up with that one?!

i was getting my car serviced and had been on the lookout for a case (to put inside a bag) so took a gamble on that. Turns out most seat belt covers have the same dimensions:)

http://www.lihit-lab.eu/office-en-gb/pen-cases-and-pen-clips/lihit-lab-2-way-type-pen-cases-en-gb/lihit-lab-2-way-type-pen-case-orange

Made myself a case based on the jansport wrap design.

1 Like

I chopped down an old iPad sleeve to make this.

2 Likes

Australian OP-Z owners:

got this from Bunnings… $2.99 (& added some protective foam)

The large battery case works quite well for me. If you can find some excess puzzle gym mat
foam, you can even get a nice snug fit by cutting the foam to size and gluing the pieces down(I used the loctite shown). If you look at the lower right-hand corner, I even put in some thin strips to protect the case corner from the sharp OP-Z corners.

Hi all,

This is my 1st post to this forum - I only got my new OP-Z a week ago, and I love it already : )

I wanted to find a nice case, but the leather TE ones are too expensive for me, and the PVC ones looked a little flimsy. Where I live in Greenwich, London, there is great leather shop that makes wallets, pencil rolls etc. For £40 they made me this beautiful custom case in about 24 hours.

There are different variations I tried out; if you just want a ‘slide out’ case then you can get a longer iPhone 8 case made which is even cheaper, but I wanted somewhere to also keep cables etc (this roll has two ‘sleeves’ - one for the OP-Z and one for cables).

You can also chose from 10s of different colours and finishes, and they will even monogram it for you FOC - the OP-Z stamp didn’t photograph that well, but looks great ; - )

You even get to talk to the owner - who also makes the stuff - in person if you visit the shop! They do mail order; so if you want one, please drop them a line and support a genuinely local business/craftsperson…

[I was prevented from putting more than one image in … will follow up with other images!]

The one I ordered was actually a variation on this → https://ryanlondon.com/collections/organisers/products/leather-cable-bag but I specified (I think) 25cm wide and (-2cm) on depth. They should remember this order, as they were fascinated by the OP-Z (they said they’d had an order for a case for one once before, but weren’t sure what it was!)

The phone case I tried out looks like this. If it was made a bit longer - which they can do - then would be a great fit!

[I was prevented from putting more than one image in … will follow up with other images!]

(NB please excuse me if this reads like an advertorial; but I was so pleased with this case I had made, that I promised the owner of the shop I would share it here to drum up business!)

Hope this is helpful to someone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Case wrapped up (https://ryanlondon.com/collections/pencil-roll):

2 Likes