Case Options for the OP-Z (not OP-1)


#61

just wrap the cardboard case it came in in super strong carpet tape. Perfect form factor, durable and looks pretty good, and you can re-wrap whenever you like.


#62

@mokomo said:
just wrap the cardboard case it came in in super strong carpet tape. Perfect form factor, durable and looks pretty good, and you can re-wrap whenever you like.

… This ^


#63

Sadly the aesthetics of this probably won’t appeal to most of us but the dimensions seem so close. the inner front to back width is probably a few mm too short-but it could also be perfectly snug…

https://www.amazon.com/DesignSter-Hollow-Sapphire-Velvet-Necklace/dp/B0775G1VY6/ref=sr_1_cc_5?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1542247047&sr=1-5-catcorr&keywords=small%2Brectangular%2Bcontainers%2Bfor%2Blong%2Bpens&th=1


#64

@sck said:
Sadly the aesthetics of this probably won’t appeal to most of us but the dimensions seem so close. the inner front to back width is probably a few mm too short-but it could also be perfectly snug…

https://www.amazon.com/DesignSter-Hollow-Sapphire-Velvet-Necklace/dp/B0775G1VY6/ref=sr_1_cc_5?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1542247047&sr=1-5-catcorr&keywords=small%2Brectangular%2Bcontainers%2Bfor%2Blong%2Bpens&th=1

lol that’s for when you use your op-z in your cocteau twins cover band :smiley:


#65

@pselodux said:

lol that’s for when you use your op-z in your cocteau twins cover band :smiley:

Hahahaha


#66

Not a hard case but the Jansport Pixel Pouch works pretty well. Lots of pockets for cables, earbuds, etc. The volume/power switch is reasonably well covered (it has a bit of room to move in the case)

IMG-2386


#67

@cloudy said:
Not a hard case but the Jansport Pixel Pouch works pretty well. Lots of pockets for cables, earbuds, etc. The volume/power switch is reasonably well covered (it has a bit of room to move in the case)

IMG-2386

Good find! Its interesting to see what folks have come up with, and the directions they have taken with this!


#68

Hey,
has anyone already tinkered with Nintendo-Switch cases? The basic pouch is about a centimeter too large left and right. That would be a perfect fit with a cut foam inlay and would also carry a cable or two.

You could also probably request a custom sized Peli case … :slight_smile:

20181130-184553


#69

Honestly, the $19 PVC case is great!

The cable fits well in the roll up. I initially wanted the case in yellow, but have quickly grown to enjoy the grey color.


#70

@50Stitches said:
Honestly, the $19 PVC case is great!

The cable fits well in the roll up. I initially wanted the case in yellow, but have quickly grown to enjoy the grey color.

I think for the most of us, our biggest concern with the PVC was that it would be flimsy and not offer enough support in a bag. I do like the gray one over the yellow one, though!


#71

@boe_dye said:

@50Stitches said:
Honestly, the $19 PVC case is great!

The cable fits well in the roll up. I initially wanted the case in yellow, but have quickly grown to enjoy the grey color.

I think for the most of us, our biggest concern with the PVC was that it would be flimsy and not offer enough support in a bag. I do like the gray one over the yellow one, though!

The op-z travels with me daily and I have used the case everyday since it’s release. I put it in any bag that I’m carrying for the day without worry (large or small, keep in mind, I’m a huge bag and case guy). I appreciate the effort but I honestly wouldn’t use any of the cases posted so far because they all seem to allow the op-z to move around, which will damage the unit. That is, unless you add a cloth or foam which just adds unnecessary bulk. If anyone purchased this unit because of portability, which I assume most of us did, I wouldn’t overlook the PVC case. It’s a great option!


#72

Are there any photos of the leather case, except the three official ones? I’m most curious about how the OP-Z fits in there and how the case looks inside.


#73

I am selling a home made hard op-z case. Message me if you are interested - shipping to mainland US


#74

OP-Z Case


#75

@motone said:
Are there any photos of the leather case, except the three official ones? I’m most curious about how the OP-Z fits in there and how the case looks inside.

I haven’t seen any myself, but I too am interested.

@bl215w95st said:
I am selling a home made hard op-z case. Message me if you are interested - shipping to mainland US

Pics?


#76

@boe_dye if you join the facebook group, you can see the fantastic job @bl215w95st has done with the cases.

Re the leather cases, I have read that it is micro fiber lined. Someone on instagram confirmed that it fits perfectly inside so presumably there is some additional protection for the little yellow volume tab.

I’m really keen to get the official leather case, but they keep pushing the dates back for them. Someone in the FB group suggested there could be some QC issues and they had been recalled - who knows.


#77

Just ordered my OP-Z and found the following case that looks suitable, I have ordered one (I’m in the UK), seems they also go by the name of “Max Grip 3” elsewhere?

https://www.thecasefarm.co.uk/shop/dave/wee-dave-3/


#78

@Domatron said:
@boe_dye if you join the facebook group, you can see the fantastic job @bl215w95st has done with the cases.

Re the leather cases, I have read that it is micro fiber lined. Someone on instagram confirmed that it fits perfectly inside so presumably there is some additional protection for the little yellow volume tab.

I’m really keen to get the official leather case, but they keep pushing the dates back for them. Someone in the FB group suggested there could be some QC issues and they had been recalled - who knows.

Thatd be great, but I dont have a FB!


#79

Hello,
I took the hard case that @bl215w95st made, added a TE logo and some of the op-z box art. I am pretty happy with how it came out. It feels like it’s a way safer case than the PVC. I throw it in the front pocket of the memeantena op-1 case with the PVC case holding cables and a set of ear buds.

If you don’t have access to a printer send @bl215w95st a message. You can find his post about the case here - Hard OP-Z Case Available


#80

Fintie Carry Case for Nintendo Switch - [Shockproof] Hard Shell Protective Cover Portable Travel Bag w/10 Game Card Slots and Inner Pocket for Nintendo Switch Console Joy-Con & Accessories, Orange https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MYXW2QV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_c02xCbEXNX095