Case Options for the OP-Z (not OP-1)

I see :wink: wasn’t meant to target you specifically
I just thought I’d post this as a general money saving tip…most of these little gadget items (cases, cables, adapters and such) can be bought off Aliexpress for a lot less than on amazon. It all comes from china in the end…

2 Likes

How thick is the foam? it would be cool to fit a couple cables and/or a module in the foam under the Z.

Anybody have any ideas on a case that would hold the m-1 headphones and a op-z?

The official opz case? That’s what I use… I holds the modules and cables too!

If you’re looking for extra space I would point you to the hermitshell or the analog cases. This is a very snug hard case.

Foam is less than half inch thick. Not as wide as the usb-c cord.
There is room for one of the plastic x drivers (“phone holder” from the dummy module), but no space for the oplab.

My oplab stays at home. No use for it away from other synths. Rumble for the road.

Do the m1’s come with a bag or case?

The m1s unfortunately don’t come with a case. They’re pretty small, though.

The hard cases from both companies are great but not what I am looking for. They are not quite big enough to hold the m-1, and the headphone cases are to big for the m-1 alone but not big enough for both. They are really small for over the ear headphones. No it doesn’t come with a case or a bag, and unlike the op-z or op-1 the box it comes with can’t really be used as a short term case.

Maybe one of those zip up cases for 20 CDs that were ubiquitous in the 90s? If you take out the CD sleeve pages.

1 Like

Just get the OEM case, is made to carry both and is affordable and is very well made. Why is that so wrong?

i think ppl just like different options sometimes
or to find something that isn’t the obvious choice
nothing wrong with that

The official case doesn’t fit the M1 headphones.

By the way, I’m using one of the bigger Switch cases -

I can fit the following -
OP-Z
M-1 Headphones
Modules
Roli Lightpad block (used as a mixer)
Both official USB Cables
Curly and Straight audio cables
Official Sync Kit
MIDI adapter and short MIDI cable
Small flat Philips speaker (not great but better than the internal speaker)
Small passive mixer/sync splitter
Thin stand for phone for when I use the phone instead of iPad

I’ve taken the foam out so It’s a snug fit but it all goes in.

You could leave the foam in if you don’t want to fit as much in. The space in the foam for a controller is a good fit for the M-1 headphones.

2 Likes

Yes it does! I have them and my opz in it… it fits great!!

Can I ask which official OP-Z case exactly you have? Are we talking about the vinyl roll up case?

Because I’ve got the roll up case here and I can’t get a good fit for both the OP-Z and M-1 headphones at all.

Can I ask which official OP-Z case exactly you have? Are we talking about the vinyl roll up case?

Because I’ve got the roll up case here and I can’t get a good fit for both the OP-Z and M-1 headphones at all.

Yes, unfold the case and fold the headphones, put headphones in ear buds in first and roll up cord… the opz in next and rests on the top of earbuds next to the metal if the headphone strap. That’s how I do it and the rubber on the headband keeps opz from being scratched and moving around and everything fits tight and good.
I put modules and cords at the bottom first.

You are 100% correct, the roll up case works great with earbuds. I am talking about the M-1 over the ear headphones, they definitely don’t fit in the case like you describe.

I’m not talking about earbuds… I use the TE m1 headphones!! They fit in there case with the opz. I don’t know why you say it doesn’t fit but it definetly does… they are both in my red pvc te case right now.

Why don’t you just send a picture or video to show how to do it? Seems like the easiest way to prove a point! (: