Chromatic tuner recommendation

Hi folks,

I need a chromatic tuner for my op-1, because I sample a lot of stuff to the synth sampler. Unfortunately my tascam dr22wl has no tuner…
There is a cheap one on Thomann I found

https://m.thomann.de/de/thomann_ctm700.htm?o=5&search=1489929014

But the frequency range is only from 430 to 450 Hz…

Are the Korg Tuner good, I see a lot of Guitarists using it?

This is a good question. Not sure of the answer tho… I use my ears for op-1 stuff. But this is frustrating sometimes.

I’ve had the same Korg tuner for guitar over twenty years, never failed me and I’m rough on things. Peterson is also a great brand.

The range 430 hz - 450 hz will merely be the calibration setting for one note only. The note “A” above “middle C” is normally set to 440 hz (aka concert pitch) and this will be the default setting.

Another option is one of the many apps, if you have a smart phone. Some are free. There is, for example, an app based copy of the Boss TU-3 tuner.

CB

I use a standard guitar clip tuner on the frame of the shelf my monitors are on . Sometimes I have to switch octaves but works fine, never used it to tune samples tho

The range 430 hz - 450 hz will merely be the calibration setting for one note only. The note "A" above "middle C" is normally set to 440 hz (aka concert pitch) and this will be the default setting.

Another option is one of the many apps, if you have a smart phone. Some are free. There is, for example, an app based copy of the Boss TU-3 tuner.

CB

Hmm, i thought it would be nice to have a tuner with line input. Does it work to hold the phone to the small speaker of the op-1?

I use a Korg Slimpitch velcroed to my modular case. Love it, even comes with a contact mic!

Soooo… thanks everyone for the help especially to @cloudburst
I’ve purchased insTuner for iPhone and it works like a charm! So with this app my sampling workflow is: recording stuff (Movie, TV-Show, )
to my tascam dr22wl, export to my iPhone, load it in audioshare and play it through insTuner to the op-1.
quicker, easier solutions are very welcome :smiley: