Connecting op-1 to iPhone to manage samples?

Correct. Tried with a sufficient charger and it worked.

Recommend the 20 watt USB -C charger as it charged my iphone SE 3rd gen and my OP-1 at the same time.

As I posted the original question, I wanted to update the post with my outcome.

I started with an official lightening to usb apple adapter but as pointed out in this thread, although it works on an iPads, iPhones need additional power. Apple do a second adapter that has lightening at one end with usb and an additional lightening at the other to supply additional power.

I searched for the cheapest unbranded Powered adapter I could find and with the use of an additional lightening cable I too was able to access my Op-1 on my iPhone.

Thanks again to everyone that contributed!

3 Likes

I’m just going to add here that as of Jan 2024, this appears to be the same situation for the OP-1 field and iPhones.

• OP1F USB-C female port to USB-A female port of Apple CCK.
  • CCK Lightning female port (the one next to the USB-A female port) to a power source.
  • CCK Lightning male port to an iPhone 14 Pro.
  • OP1F in Disk mode (Shift+COM, then Shit+T4 to switch from MTP to Files)

This results in some synchronization (with a percentage of completion), after which the official Apple Files app will display SOME contents on the OP1F, but only the “synth” and “drum” folders – not the “mixdown” or “tapes” folder.

Note that:

• This won’t work without a power source (as reported in this thread already).
  • Direct USB-C to USB-C from my OP1F to a MacBook Pro M2 works. In Disk mode it will mount the OP-1 as an external drive after some synchronization but ONLY show the “synth” and “drum” folders, which is a bummer. If you install the TE Field Kit (a Finder extension), it will however show all the contents instantly, including “mixdown” and “tapes”.
1 Like