Controlling OP-Z with external CC does not work if connected to OP-Z App

Using the OP-Z with external midi controller/keyboard (CC & notes) works very well. But, the OP-Z does not recognize CC values if connected via bluetooth to the OP-Z App. Only notes are being recognized.

After disconnecting from the App, using external CC works again.

Is that normal or is it a bug?

Connection is done direct via cable from OP-Z to controller.
Firmware: 1.2.17
Controller: Sensel Morph

I suspect the app uses CC messages to work. In another thread someone monitored the MIDI traffic and noticed those messages spontaneously coming from the OP-Z…

I’m using a Novation LaunchKey Mini connected via USB and I have to say it works fine. In fact as I turn the knobs (sending CCs to the OP-Z) I can see the values change in the app connected via Bluetooth (iOS)

1 Like

I can confirm your statement. I did a double check. If you are using the midi channels from your keyboard in convention with the OP-Z midi channels, everything works correctly.

The issue is:
Using an external controller on midi channel 1 only (with activated channel 1 to active track), the OP-Z recognize CC values only on channel 1 (kick track). Switching to another track, CC values are not being recognized for the activated track. Remark: occurs only if connected to App.

Maybe you have a little bit of spare time to confirm?

Yes, I just tried and can confirm the behaviour

I can confirm. I was going to start a thread about it. I have my Arturia minilab 2 all mapped out via the software and it all works like a charm. EXCEPT when i connect to the app, all functions are lost but the most basic ones. immediately upon exiting the app, everything goes back to how i want it.
I have tried changing every setting via the app i can think of.
The same happened when i had an akai mpk mini 2

Thank you. Does anyone know how to report this issue to TE?

I do not