Could the op-1 technically become an audio interface via a firmware update?

When you read the webs, common sense seems to be that teenage engineering deems the op-1 perfect and won’t come up with a direct successor in the near future (yeah… “OP-Z is their take on the OP-2” … but … naah)

Now I’m wondering if you think we might see another big update and if … what would they add/change?

For instance: would it technically be possible to transform this unit into an audio interface, so audio gets send over USB directly?

I mean, … having this beast of a toy only a few days (what wonderful first days these were!) I can immediately name quite a few things that really slow you down and … you wouldn’t expect, looking at what this thing can do other things and how well it does them.

just to name some: - no real “zooming” on the tape, - not possible to delete a whole track, -not possible to save projects / jump between them (I know, they say this is by design… but how convenient would it be to switch between sessions and have the needed synths / drums etc. already laid out the way you need them to?)

Next big op1 update will be opz connectivity boost of some kind. You heard it here first. I doubt the audio interface thing will happen.

1 Like

i think so too! does someone picked all OP-Z svg files from the actual firmware?

we may have big hint there

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I base my egregious rumour mongering on.

But would it technically be possible to transform it into an audio interface?

would you mind posting them?

I think you can find them over in the custom firmware thread.

I’m not sure, sorry.