Cuckoo OP-1 Mega Patch Pack release

Hello,

I’m releasing a pack of 50 OP-1 patches today. I also sampled all of them, so even if you don’t have an OP-1, and still lurking here, you can make use of them :slight_smile:
CUCKOO OP 1 Mega Patch Pack - YouTube

1 Like

Hey @cuckoo !

Thank you for these patches, it’s still good to see you playing around with the OP-1 :smiley:

He he, thanks @quarantequatre ! I gotta make new ones! I think it’s really hard to make warm and wonderful patches. Most of the time it comes out sharp and crunchy. Any tips and tricks for making sounds warm? Is it FM and Digital that has the warm sounds?

1 Like

Nitro is good to add some warmth! Looking forward to checking these out homie!!!

You’re welcome :), and your patches are very nice.
Not sure what you mean by “warm”, but I reduce the attack to make it smoother, then you can make warm sounds with FM, digital, pulse, Dr Wave and Phase (that’s my favorites). And then I’m generally using these effects for making smooth sounds, delay, nitro or CWO…with LFO sometimes

How do we get these patches? Sorry for my ignorance. Can’t find how to download these.

A long Cuckoo OP-1 video is a good thing. Looking forwarding to watching it!

Oh bummer, looks like you have to be signed up with patreon? Mind hooking us up with a direct link Cuckoo?

Finally signed up for Patreon just because of this and very happy I did. I’ve been struggling to get sounds I am happy with myself recently so this is great timing thanks Cuckoo.

Thanks! I’ve decided to push Patreon further as my main income platform for my music self. And it’s working! Small tips trickle in from here and there, and in the end it adds up to a significant part of my income, in preparation for my big switch to music early next year.
I’m sorry for not going free, but as you all know, it’s a struggle to earn your living from music. Trying to keep it reasonable though. :wink:
And thanks @Andrew and all you new Patreon supporters that popped in today! It really helps even if a dollar seems trivial.

No worries dude, didn’t realize it was a paid thing. Can’t knock your hustle man!

Terrific patches, cheers Cuckoo!

Meant to sign up after the Analog Keys sample vid but slipped my mind, soooo glad I did, those AK samples make for great Octatrack food. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I've decided to push Patreon further as my main income platform for my music self. And it's working! Small tips trickle in from here and there, and in the end it adds up to a significant part of my income, in preparation for my big switch to music early next year.

I’m delighted to hear it’s working out for you. And delighted for myself that I’ll get to see your vids more often.

Very inspiring. I like the idea of “pool” sounds. This also reminded me to try tuned D-Box.

Thanks everyone!

And @Gambler Tuned DBOX sounds is really cool. I like it much better than DSYNTH. The only downside is that DBOX doesn’t follow the master tuning :frowning: It turns out the DBOX is tuned 30 cents too low. If I tune down the master -30 cents all the other synths are in line with the DBOX tuning. I told Teenage Engineering about this, and they were a bit surprised, but afraid to change it due to the risk of rendering a lot of existing drum patches sound wrong.

I hadn’t identify this, great found @Cuckoo. Maybe this was why I couldn’t get my sound to fit !

I’ll dive again into DBox synth parameterization !
:slight_smile:

@Cuckoo there are some very nice patches in your pack, thanks a lot! Im appreciating your work from my studio in Argentina. Best of luck to you !!