Custom Firmware on the OP-1

Doesn’t want to unpack for me… I’m getting an error “_lzma.LZMAError: Input format not supported by decoder”
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo}
span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

I’ve included the Traceback. Any ideas?

NVM - I’m an idiot - trying to unpack the ZIP #facepalm
I finally made a design for the iter synth. Took a while since I only have Inkscape and I needed to write a converter script to make the OP-1 understand the SVG file.

I went with the chemical lab experiment theme because the synth seems to be, well, experimental and because the sound slightly reminds me of acid synth sounds.

custom-iter.svg

What do you think?

Dude… that is awesome!!
Can you post some video of it in action so we can see the animations. Awesome work

Doesn't want to unpack for me... I'm getting an error "_lzma.LZMAError: Input format not supported by decoder" p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

I've included the Traceback. Any ideas?

NVM - I'm an idiot - trying to unpack the ZIP #facepalm

What are you trying to unpack? Is this the the patch for the firmware that unlocks the iter and filter?

I finally made a design for the iter synth. Took a while since I only have Inkscape and I needed to write a converter script to make the OP-1 understand the SVG file.

I went with the chemical lab experiment theme because the synth seems to be, well, experimental and because the sound slightly reminds me of acid synth sounds.

custom-iter.svg

What do you think?

ummm I need this!! Reminds me of my latest album cover!!

DSoRDexUMAA0U_t (1)

custom-iter.svg

What do you think?

Dude… that is awesome!!
Can you post some video of it in action so we can see the animations. Awesome work

I wish I could do animations. Unfortunately the software controls the animations and the iter synth doesn’t have any so only the knobs move in my graphic. It would indeed look way better if it came to life somehow… I might post a video anyway just for fun.

mmm I need this!! Reminds me of my latest album cover!!

If anyone wants that, it’s available in version 0.1.2 of my modding tool which I just released.

https://github.com/op1hacks/op1repacker

Guys sorry for the ignorance. I keep seeing this iter synth and wondered what it was. How do I access it?

Guys sorry for the ignorance. I keep seeing this iter synth and wondered what it was. How do I access it?

It’s a hidden synth, and filter is a hidden effect. I’d recommend reading this entire thread for all the nice details. You can access both with either a special patch, or by using custom firmware. All the info is here on the forum.

custom-iter.svg

What do you think?

looks pretty! why not simplify it a little (“distil” keke), fewer vessels, more prominent dials?

looks pretty! why not simplify it a little ("distil" keke), fewer vessels, more prominent dials?
To be honest I do feel it ended up being a bit cluttered.. I did remove the joins in the piping for the final version, but didn't have the energy to redo the "layout" of the... "things". Maybe I'll have another go at it some time. If anyone else wants to make their own version of it please do! The file is available on github. It would be cool to see variations and new designs with different themes.

I kind of jumped back to editing the CWO effect which I failed at 1.5 years ago. Working out pretty well this time. Still a work in progress though…

bode-moose

well i’m clueless on how to get this going… installed python 3 and setup fails to run. Tried “<span style=“font-family: SFMono-Regular, Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 13.6px; color: rgb(36, 41, 46);”>sudo pip3 install op1repacker” in python IDLE and says pip3 is invalid command?

<span style=“font-family: SFMono-Regular, Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 13.6px; color: rgb(36, 41, 46);”>
<span style=“font-family: SFMono-Regular, Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 13.6px; color: rgb(36, 41, 46);”>Any ideas what i’m doing wrong?
I kind of jumped back to editing the CWO effect which I failed at 1.5 years ago. Working out pretty well this time. Still a work in progress though...

bode-moose

I keep getting failed becuase it can’t find OP_db. Any ideas?

well i'm clueless on how to get this going.. installed python 3 and setup fails to run. Tried "sudo pip3 install op1repacker" in python IDLE and says pip3 is invalid command?

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

What OS are you running on? The pip3 command should be run in iTerm on Mac or the Linux command line. I’m not completely sure how it’s done on Windows but someone reported they got it working.

Could you paste the errors you get? Also let me know what OS you’re running.

I kind of jumped back to editing the CWO effect which I failed at 1.5 years ago. Working out pretty well this time. Still a work in progress though...

bode-moose

I’m getting the same error. I’ve tried OS X , Raspian Jessie and Ubuntu.

Oh wait, I probably fucked up the last release doh… Will fix now.

It should work now. You need to upgrade to the fixed version with this command:
sudo pip3 install op1repacker --upgrade

well i'm clueless on how to get this going.. installed python 3 and setup fails to run. Tried "sudo pip3 install op1repacker" in python IDLE and says pip3 is invalid command?

Any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

What OS are you running on? The pip3 command should be run in iTerm on Mac or the Linux command line. I’m not completely sure how it’s done on Windows but someone reported they got it working.

I’m on Win10 64bit, and tried the cmd prompt
I will wait until i have my mac setup and just run it on that

I can’t get this to work, can you make the instructions a little clearer for those who have never used python or anything.

It should work now. You need to upgrade to the fixed version with this command:
sudo pip3 install op1repacker --upgrade

It works now, thanks!!!