Custom Firmware on the OP-1

@docshermsticks said:
might be stupid but are u looking at the list for the presets?
if you are and u don’t have any iter presets, it may not show up in the list?
try the other one that just changes engines

@ludicrouSpeed said:
Yeah, @docshermsticks makes a good point… That would be the shift+T1 (big 1 of 4)… Why didn’t they call these ABCD to avoid confusion? NM… And yes, one slap for me for not mentioning @TabascoEye specifically.

ohhhh snap – that’s it. i had no idea that there was a button that just changes engines; i’ve been changing through the preset list this entire time. y’all the best. thanks so much!

@dicey ok awesome. DBL win!

nice!

Hello, im new to this section of the forum…the other day I did something and messed around and had the multifilter with drive effect on my screen…i dont kno wat i did…im interested in the custom firmware and how to load it and if there is any risk in loading it…is there a place in the topic discussion i should refer to?

@attacka you probably loaded a patch from here that had the filter enabled. That’s the only way to get to that screen on vanilla firmware.

@TabascoEye said:
@attacka you probably loaded a patch from here that had the filter enabled. That’s the only way to get to that screen on vanilla firmware.

I loaded a bandcamp files…how do you get the custom firmware tho?

the answer is very clearly explained in this very thread

@Ekman said:
The custom firmware is wonderful. I have chronic neck pain (crooked spine) and having to lean over to see which track I was on was a really big UX flaw with the op-1 for me. I’ve always wanted the tape graphic flipped, and I’ve also always thought the effects should default to be much more subtle by default, so I was thrilled to see you fixed those. The instructions were perfect as well. I know all of this takes time and effort (and skill) so I just wanted to say thank you, it means a lot.

Great to hear you’re liking it! :slight_smile: Sadly I haven’t had the time to improve it lately. When I do have time I’ll probably play with the graphics more.

@attaka said:

Like was said you can find all the info here, but basically the easiest way is to download the latest firmware from TE and then run it through my op1repacker tool to get the mods. When you’ve modified the firmware you can just install it on your OP-1 like any other firmware update.

@wavi said:

@Ekman said:
The custom firmware is wonderful. I have chronic neck pain (crooked spine) and having to lean over to see which track I was on was a really big UX flaw with the op-1 for me. I’ve always wanted the tape graphic flipped, and I’ve also always thought the effects should default to be much more subtle by default, so I was thrilled to see you fixed those. The instructions were perfect as well. I know all of this takes time and effort (and skill) so I just wanted to say thank you, it means a lot.

Great to hear you’re liking it! :slight_smile: Sadly I haven’t had the time to improve it lately. When I do have time I’ll probably play with the graphics more.

@attaka said:

Like was said you can find all the info here, but basically the easiest way is to download the latest firmware from TE and then run it through my op1repacker tool to get the mods. When you’ve modified the firmware you can just install it on your OP-1 like any other firmware update.

ok thank you…and theres no risk to my op-1 right?

Any messing with firmware is a risk. No one here will give you a guarantee that your OP-1 won’t get bricked.
But you can see in this thread that many are playing with the mods so you have to be the judge

@TabascoEye said:
Any messing with firmware is a risk. No one here will give you a guarantee that your OP-1 won’t get bricked.
But you can see in this thread that many are playing with the mods so you have to be the judge

ok kool…thanks

Man, I just want to thank @wavi & @TabascoEye again. I’m just used to the custom firmware now, but I use the filter on pretty much every jam I make, plus the tape inversion is just necessary now. This reminds me that I need to use iter more!!! Haven’t used it in quite a while

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been scouring this thread and the internet in general for any information on how to install this on a windows 10 computer. from my own research a few months ago, I know the sudo pip3 line is something for macs only, so punching that code in won’t work. If anyone can help me out, it would be much appreciated.

Alternatively, I have an old 2007 iMac lying around. Does anyone know if the installation process would work on a mac that old? Sorry if these questions have been answered before. I swear I did my research before asking!

You need to install python3 first.
Pip is just a package manger that makes it easier to get the repacker.
If you absolutely want to follow those instructions, you need to install pip3 after you installed python3.

Even on a mac you likely need to first install python and pip.

The part that brings you to the “mac only” conclusion is probably the “sudo” thing. That is just the unix way of executing something with admin rights.
So you’ll encounter that on many Linux and Mac tutorials.

Only reason I brought up the Mac is because there’s written instructions on how to install via OS X rather than PC. But what you just said will get me over the first couple of hurdles at the very least. Thank you for the helpful and speedy response!

What I’m saying is: the instructions are actually NOT os-specific, apart from the prefixed “sudo”.
In fact they are missing the part on how to get your OS to the point where “pip3” means something.

Oh!!! That’ll make it even easier when I try this out tonight. Thank you so much!

Love the custom firmware on my op1. I basically take it for granted now… But I use filter ALL the time, and lately I’ve been digging into iter more and it’s really a cool lil synth. I love the grittiness/noisiness of it. Been LFOing the sustain Param to get a nice tremolo

1 Like

Just wanted to add to the appreciative voices and say thank you for this! Just the tape layout change in itself is enough to make this essential for me.

1 Like