DIN sync to 3.5mm output

Is there any way to convert the opLab DIN sync output to a 3.5mm clock output so I can send a tempo from my op1 to my modular master clock inut yet still use the CV outs and Op1 sequencer for melodic duties? I see that expert sleepers make some cables, but wondering if it’s possible with some basic soldering?

if you know which pins go where, should be easy to wire/solder up a cable yourself

Yeah, that’s the bit I’m uncertain about. Guess I could do it by trial and error.

do u have a multimeter? u can sniff out the connections on both sides w/ one.

yes I do!

didn’t occur to me earlier, have u thought about what type of clock signal din sync is sending and what your modular clock is looking for? are they the same?

if not you’d need some type of converter from din sync to whatever clock signal

Simple enough to do but remember dinsync is 24 pulses per quarter note so if you want to sync your modular you will need to divide that down. For reference the middle pin (2) is ground, pin 1 is start/stop, pin 3 is clock, be aware that din socket numbering scheme is 3,5,2,4,1 when looking at the rear of the socket.

awesome! yeah it’s a bit annoying that it’s 24P, but i have a makenoise tempi that can divide the clck, nd it’s only to get me out of trouble temporarily. cheers!

This is the pinout of a DIN sync plug. Note that oplab doesn't have the "continue" signal. To make an adapter, solder this plug to two TRS plugs like this:

Pin 1 (run) to the tip of plug 1
Pin 3 (clock) to the tip of plug 2
Pin 2 (ground) to the sleeve of both plugs

If you've got room in your modular, maybe it's more simple to get a DIN jack and two TRS jacks and make it a small module?

Best wishes, TE

awesome! yeah it’s a bit annoying that it’s 24P, but i have a makenoise tempi that can divide the clck, nd it’s only to get me out of trouble temporarily. cheers!

For clock division some simple 74series shift registers could do the trick. Add in some buffering (since you need to power it anyway) and you can even start distributing it nicely.