Disk mode now can save any loop

a toddler AND tinnitus doesn’t sound like quiet times. If the white noise helps out then this update will be a real saviour!

4 Likes

Ambient mode over classical was already very very helpful, this is even better hahaha. Ambient mode really is amazing tho, especially being able to tweak it. I only played a bit with it this morning, but they did seem to change a little bit of it’s algorithm for the better as well. Was nice way to start the day

Edit: I had to reinstall Orthoplay in my iPhone running iOS 16 to get the update, installed pretty quickly after I reconnected

3 Likes

Damn right! Looking forward to fiddling tomorrow after a grand white noise sleep (hopefully)

1 Like

ya not wrong about the Ambient mode. It sounds more 3D, wider and crisper. Could it be Mother?
The Xfade thingy is something that I still have yet to get to grips with.

We aren’t, they did announce it as an IG Reel
On my second post here you can find it :wink:

1 Like

I’m on a Instagram sabbatical:)

1 Like

Just a big sincere ta to TE for the latest ob-4 update. Ambi verb is sounding Stella!

Can we have some info about the update please? What’s the storage limit? How to delete samples etc…

And maybe add a metronome the gradually slows to 0bpm over thirty minutes? The white noise didn’t work out for me :slight_smile:

Besos.

5 Likes

Healthy!

1 Like

I have been recording (and storing) a bunch of loops. I have noticed that it does not work when you set loops to 4x length. But does at 2x.

Anyway-now I have a bunch of ambient sound scapes from the calm app right on it. As well as some favorite four tet loops.

I have yet to figure out how to delete a loop, though. Please tell if you know!

2 Likes

there is currently no way to delete a loop. you can save up to 70 loops (depending on length), and once that limit is reached the oldest loop(s) will be deleted.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info J. '70 's bloody impressive!
An obvious question; do you think we will ever have the ability to have those loops transferable to pc/tablet etc?

3 Likes

Yes, the next awesome step would be to ‘copy’ the loops to the app for instance (or something like that) via bluetooth

3 Likes

I’m really loving this store-loops feature for mobile songwriting purposes. Just being able to bring up one of many work-in-progress 64 bar loop tracks is so damn convenient.

1 Like

If there was a feature to reorganize them, it could be used for backing tracks as well

1 Like

I recorded some loops from the radio and from my JX-08, TB03 and TR08. Now if they added a way to delete, copy and manage loops from the iOS app that would be amazing.

4 Likes

I’m trying to figure out how to record from the Orthoplay iOS app if that is possible. Also tricky switching modes and using features like loop, cross fader and so forth.

1 Like

si!
I’m holding back from using the SAVE feature with fingers crossed that when the official update drops we will have a delete/manager function.

1 Like

Me too as the OB-4 is tons of fun to use. I recorded a fun loop today from my E-4 vocoder.

2 Likes

which microphone are you using for E-4?

Shure sm57