Drone mode on op-z - do something similar in logic pro x?

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I have a chord track that I’d like to record into logic pro x.
The sequence consists of 1/8-notes and the chord track (organ preset) has the note length set to drone mode.
This means that when I play the track, it will play all notes continously until a new note cancels the first note and so on. So with the polyphony not set to generous means that the track is playing 4 notes all the time and that those 4 notes change as the track goes along.

I’d really love to be able to playback the midi from this track in logic pro x, edit some notes and select another instrument etc.

I have the following problem:
How do I create a setting similar to the op-z drone mode in logic that plays all notes continously until a new note cancels the first note and so on? With sampler I can set the polyphony to 4 voices like on the op-z but I need to find out how I can set the envelope to something similar to drone mode. I tried a setting with a long release but it still doesn’t sound like long sustained notes without any attack, decay, sustain and release.

When I record the midi, the short notes played back in drone mode are recorded as long sustained notes. Off course I can change all the notes to have a short length, but it still doesn’t sound right.

Hope it’s okay to ask here even though it’s kind of a mixed op-z AND logic question :slight_smile:

Thanks