East London OP-1 gig this Friday (me)

Hi OP-fam,

I’m playing an OP-1 beat set tomorrow Friday at an East London joint called The Duke E17.

They’re opening a neat little cabin in the back of the pub for special events and asked me to play some beats.
I’ll start around 9pm.

Might have to do 2 sets back to back as I can’t cram much more than 25 beats (1 hour) on the OP.

Hope to see you there!

PS: Actually as all my beats have different bpms maybe I could try to make them all at the same bpm on ableton somehow and put them next to each other and take advantage of the grid and save room to add more.

duke e17

If I was back in Old Blighty, I’d show up. Maybe you’ll vid/record something so we can all witness it?! Have a great gig!

good luck…i hope to write / perform at some point this year.

i may drop in if i get time

My flight out of London is at 8pm, otherwise I’d totally be there - hope it goes really well!

I wish I was there !

@lefilou Is it The Duke, on Wood Street?

Have fun @<a href=“https://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/profile/446/lefilou” class=“Username” style=“font-family: “lucida grande”, “Lucida Sans Unicode”, tahoma, sans-serif; font-size: 15px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(1, 115, 198); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);”>lefilou - Sadly, I can’t make it. It would have been nice to come to support / meet you.

Thanks guys! I’m getting a bit nervous, turns out it’s a gin cocktail room launch. Gin, that could get messy!!

I’ll try to film a bit

@artsutanov yes that’s the one. It’s in the back of the pub, past the little courtyard on the left.

@lefilou I’m hoping to show my face, at least for a short while. Just depends on the wife getting home at a decent time. Who will you be with? I might be Billy no mates this evening, as everyone I invited can’t go.

@lefilou I'm hoping to show my face, at least for a short while. Just depends on the wife getting home at a decent time. Who will you be with? I might be Billy no mates this evening, as everyone I invited can't go.

hehe nice one! My DJ neighbour who I usually play out with will be there as well for moral support.
I mean I will need some if I’m surrounded with depressed middle aged ladies pissed on gin (that’s what comes to mind when I think of gin).

@lefilou what time are you getting there? If I’m able to come would you mind if we meet before you start your set?

@lefilou what time are you getting there? If I'm able to come would you mind if we meet before you start your set?

Hey man, I’m looking after the kid before so I’ll be there 10 to 9pm.

I’m here now!

Sorry mate. The Wife’s still not home (f***ing Fashion Week) I hope it all went well though.

Hey no worries, all went well. Head hurts a bit today though :slight_smile: