Editing drum parameters live when using a sequencer

I am trying to edit dbox & sampler drums while using the sequencer. Using shift+note lets me switch to a drum/note and keeps it on-screen for editing. This functionality is very powerful but it plays the sound when the note is pressed, so I have a couple of questions.

Is there a way to switch on-screen drum silently? This is so I don’t play unwanted extra notes live.

Is there a way to lift/drop (copy/paste) across the dbox/sampler while the sequencer is playing? (Again, I would ideally want to do this silently).

Cheers

1 Like

The only workarounds I have for the pattern sequencer to avoid extra trigger sounds:

A) Remove a note, then play the note at the next loop live while holding shift, lastly (quickly) return the note back into the sequence. This probably has a lead time of two-three loops all to avoid the extra trigger…

B) Keep a bit of tape in track 1 ready to play while you mute track 2 and switch the drum holding shift on screen (they call this the ‘cursor’ in the manual). Then switch the sequencer back on and tape off.

It’s too much effort to do either option above.

I believe the OG OP1 manual says as a pro-tip you can store notes muted then bring them in later for fill-ins. This is a useful approach, close, but no cigar.

I have noticed the Endless sequencer doesn’t trigger the note when shift is held (if only I could do this with pattern). However, in endless the pitch changes when the drum/key shift is held. That feels unintended because you can do that when you press a key without shift.

Any help is appreciated, I’m currently looking to see if any screens on the device / settings mute notes played directly from the keyboard while the sequencer plays to get a the workaround I’m after.

Best solution so far is at the price of FX and LFO:

• keyboard velocity at Hard
  • FX at Nitro, raise lows dial to max
  • LFO at Velocity 100 AMP, -100 AMT, FX DEST, LOW CUTOFF,

Hit the keys softly and they trigger silently. Now I can jam with DBOX, editing parameters with the pattern sequencer in use.

I think triggering a key silently really should be a key combination.