Elektron Analog Heat

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKsm2t-ARgQ/?taken-by=weareelektron&hl=de

it’s interesting but i get some nice results with just my smx Analog line mixer if i drive up the peak level.

nice graphics btw. hopefully they’re coming with several units.

Sounds quite cool from vids but it’s farrrr down the list here. Not playing any shows at the moment tho, might be a different story if I was… They rumoured it as a studio tool but I see this as way more useful/valuable/filling a gap for live.

it's interesting but i get some nice results with just my smx Analog line mixer if i drive up the peak level.
So no close listening required then, eh? ;)

So much fun yesterday evening with MM and MD through tracks filters and overdrive of A4.
Can’t see what Heat has to offer apart from the envelope follower…

not interested too;

But i admit the clean boost sound nice and the overall sound quality is pretty good; as a fuzz fan, the fuzz doesn’t sound like a fuzz for me… maybe it’s just the demo; not used to use fuzz in drum sound, the ms2000 demo make me think of me using my monomachine and my bigmuff.
But i have tons of pedals guitar to do this kind of job in a better way, my little devil colored boost sound far more awesome in term of quality; big muff have a real fuzzy sound, soda meiser have more personality and originality, and tube screamer do a nice job too.
I would be interested with a more modular approach inside, like two more input and able to route the 4 signals as we want in the circuitry. Sounds a lot destructive for a master use; and cost a lot for a machine to make noise music.
Nevertheless the presets are a really good point for live use.
Other good point is that Elektron wins some new skills everyday, but i think i would have prefer some collaboration with some preamp actors of the market for this product.

@hdd note that there is a massive difference between a fuzz that smash a guitar amp and the same one that hit the mixer…

I think Analog Heat would sound totally differently on a guitar amp…

Anyway, you’re right, IMO too there are tons of guitar pedals that can get similar or better result to dirty/warm the sound.
I loved what I got from putting my FEA Labs fuzz on the Slim Phatty output.

I wanted to know how hard it would be to build a stereo guitar pedal from Techniguitare DIY kits, so I asked a friend from TG : he told me I could basically take any DIY kit and put stereo knobs, that would do the trick.
So we’re talking 100€ max for a top end stereo fuzz/screamer/whatever guitar pedal that make noise.

The real thing that end convincing me was using the Analog Four as a Analog Heat.
I couldn’t see much difference between the two of them.
And the result was fun, but not 800€ fun.
BTW, I payed for my used A4 850€. So for such price you can get a pretty good analog synth…

I’m a bit sad Elektron took this way. For me it’s bad strategy.
I don’t think they developed new skills with this box, maybe the envelope follower…
I don’t feel like they proposed a new way to make sound.
And I badly needed an Elektron Qu-Pac.

I just hope they will not suffer too much from this, I’m not sure they’ll sell many of them…
Now maybe I don’t see the Big Plan behind this…
:wink:

@hdd note that there is a massive difference between a fuzz that smash a guitar amp and the same one that hit the mixer...
I think Analog Heat would sound totally differently on a guitar amp...

Anyway, you're right, IMO too there are tons of guitar pedals that can get similar or better result to dirty/warm the sound.
I loved what I got from putting my FEA Labs fuzz on the Slim Phatty output.

I wanted to know how hard it would be to build a stereo guitar pedal from Techniguitare DIY kits, so I asked a friend from TG : he told me I could basically take any DIY kit and put stereo knobs, that would do the trick.
So we're talking 100€ max for a top end stereo fuzz/screamer/whatever guitar pedal that make noise.

The real thing that end convincing me was using the Analog Four as a Analog Heat.
I couldn't see much difference between the two of them.
And the result was fun, but not 800€ fun.
BTW, I payed for my used A4 850€. So for such price you can get a pretty good analog synth...

I'm a bit sad Elektron took this way. For me it's bad strategy.
I don't think they developed new skills with this box, maybe the envelope follower...
I don't feel like they proposed a new way to make sound.
And I badly needed an Elektron Qu-Pac.

I just hope they will not suffer too much from this, I'm not sure they'll sell many of them...
Now maybe I don't see the Big Plan behind this...
;)

Totally with you here. Don’t see the plan behind this unit.
Some people seem to be mad keen on it though.
It’s a big expensive box with not a huge amount of versatility.

Sonic Lab review up now:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/analog-heat/31131/907

Im so tempted with one…And know a place in the UK which does them for £570

I love my Analog Heat, it’s the perfect OP-1 companion. So much more than just a distortion box

So happy I pulled the trigger on one last month, my tracks are finally sounding HUGE! The dual modulation destinations for the envelope and LFO can simulate a variety of effects such as; compression, expansion, limiting, phasing, tremolo, and more. I love running my bass through the round fuzz with the low pass filter fully closed and setting the envelope follower to open it, makes for some gnarly squishy tones!

Only a little more than 24 hours with this thing and I’m totally sold.

My biggest concern was the filter and I actually really like it. It works well with the various distortion circuits, and I’m having a lot more fun with the heavier stuff than I expected.

I will certainly try using the Heat to enhance complete mixes but the real value for me seems to be in its sound design potential. It can really transform a sound into something else. I have been running a stock piano arp on the OP-1 through the Heat for the last half hour and it’s like I have a new synth.

I had a lot of anxiety buying the Heat ($$$), but like every other Elektron I’ve purchased, it seems to be quickly replacing my anxiety with joy.

I would have assumed a bigger amount of OP-1 users surrendering to the Analog Heat? I mean taking Cuckoo out of the equation and there are little videos featuring both on tinternet…And little talk on here too…

I love my Analog Heat so much. I want to run everything through it. Like it has been said, the filter and modulation options are amazing. The whole envelope following thing actually kind of blows my mind. You can do crazy stuff with the LFO and panning that is like nothing I’ve ever heard. It is a sound design wonderland.

I use a dawless and mobile Setup with the OP-Z and the Zoom H4N Pro to Record. Want to keep the setup as minimal and mobile as possible and the op-z should be the only „instrument“.

I‘m quite happy with the results beside the fact that after recording the tracks sound a little „flat“.

So i’m thinking about getting the Analog Heat to help to boost the overall mix when i’m back home. Do you think the Analog Heat is good for this - to optimize full tracks instead of single basslines for example?

Sound and Voice manipulation would be another think that could be nice but i guess the Heat is fully capable of this task.