Explanations on synth engines

Here’s how they’re laid out by #s

• bass - 26, 129, 98, 25, 65, 112
  • lead - 65, 25, 11, 26, 98, 112
  • arp - 26, 25, 11, 65, 98,113
  • chord- 31, 26, 11,25, 65, 112

Anyone know where to find info on the parameters for each synth beyond param1 and param2?

1 Like

Here is a map of what is where on a factory fresh OPZ

Edit - Ha, no the file won’t upload for some reason, nothing to see here :slight_smile:

Edit - Ha, no the file won’t upload for some reason, nothing to see here :slight_smile:

Seriously, the upload issue on this forum is MADDENING
Did you make this map or find it somewhere?

Nevermind, found one here: https://www.teenageengineering.com/guides/op-z/reference#synth-engines

1 Like

I don’t get how you assign all the synths to all the synth tracks if you don’t have an appel device so you can access the app?

They really got to make an android app also!!

@onthervn said:
I don’t get how you assign all the synths to all the synth tracks if you don’t have an appel device so you can access the app?

Use the disk mode and copy the files from the slots (subfolders) to each other, making sure you don’t double up (ie., two of the same synth in different subfolders). Dunno how to word that so it makes more sense…

from the other thread…which engine corresponds to which filename
https://operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4836/synth-engines-names-by-their-numbers#latest

@docshermsticks said:
saw = 26
uranus = 129
electric = 98
digital = 25
volt = 65
bow = 112
cluster = 11
shade = 31

@docshermsticks Just curious, is there any content inside those .engine files?

i didn’t think to look but i wanna say that its a ~ filename so the actual file is hidden somewhere on the device.
and the ~ file is the folders is just a link

i’ll peep it in a couple minutes just eating my breakfast right now

@punji

ya its a linked ~ file. zero bytes. nothing to see :frowning:

By the way, the TE faq says:

“can i import my OP-1 synth patches on the OP-Z or only sample patches?

yes you can, on track 5 to 8.”

What does that mean exactly? The OP-Z does NOT have all OP-1 engines, right? How can it import an OP-1 synth patch?

1 Like

some of the engines are the same, I assume you can import those ones?

only one way to find out

Yup- just need someone who has both (I only have the z) but if it works there are a ton of great pre-sets suddenly going to be available!

I’m guessing that just means sampler patches. I’d be surprised if saving OP-1 synth patches to the Z would work!

the way its written suggests that u can. atleast the way i read it.
but yea i would be surprised too if it worked.
maybe it would just play the “op1 patch” voice lol

When I try this only the sample patches work. Any op-1 patch that plays as “op1 patch” on a computer is removed from the folders when the op-z restarts.

i wonder if one were to try random #'s for the synth engine file names
if there is maybe some hidden ones in there?
wouldn’t put it past TE

@docshermsticks please try this!!! I don’t have my op z yet, but I’d love to know if this works, I know it’s a bit picky, but I honestly expected more synth engines considering their pocket operated esc. 2 Param engines.

1 Like

Really hoping they drop some new engines soon. I’m finding I use saw a lot, but other than that none of them really jump out at me. In particular I find the shade synth engine pretty lame and the parameters do npt vary the tone much at all.

1 Like