Field Broadcast | Sound Pack for the Teenage Engineering OP-1 Field

Thanks for the support! Nothing wrong on your side. I left quite some headroom on the synthsamples, but you can always double the volume of the individual patch in the envelope menu (press 2 and push shift and change volume using the red dial) or up the sample volume via the red dial in the sample editor using shift red dial. Or both

1 Like

For the ones who have enjoyed this sound pack make sure to check out my second OP-1 Field sound pack ‘Field Modulation’ as well

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hey,
I bought your two Field sound packs, they are awesome and well tailored. I was looking at the later OG-1’s soundpack, would you recommend buying it for the field ?
I’d like to have your drums and mellotron sounds. Maybe you’ll make an op-1 field version ?
Thanks

2 Likes

Hey thanks,
I do not recommend buying my OG pack for the Field since the drum sampler of the Field is different resulting in the tuning of the so called ‘drum instruments’ included in the OG pack (including the mellotron multisamples) being all over the place.

The single synth instruments seem to work fine.

However I am working on a new OP-1 Field soundpack which will also include mellotron multisamples :wink:

3 Likes

Hi Marc. Just bought the OP-1 Field and immediately purchased this sound pack. Love the sound of it, but I have one issue. When I use the multisampled piano and start jamming I get these annoying clicks. Is this a common issue related to process power of the op-1?

Hey,
I messaged TE about this voice stealing process that creates clicks. It is like you have 8 voice polyphony and when you ask a 9th note to play it will cut the first one. I actually joined the very file you are talking about (I think), the piano from rephaser. I can’t be sure but they said will look into it. There is a way to program a fadout for voice stealing, I hope they do.

Edit: also I recall that a specific piano multisample by rephaser was not exactly well cut, and you may have to change start/stop to avoid clicks

1 Like

Hi, first of all thanks for the support and I am sorry, unfortunately this is a shortcoming of the drum sampler engine and seems to be caused by running out of voices resulting in a amplitude envelope reset/click so not something I can fix.

You can either play these patches with a long release slower or use the nitro filter to mask these clicks.

If we only had a full ADSR (instead of some sort of transient shaper) on the drum sampler engine it would probably help a lot avoiding these clicks.

Let’s hope TE will give more amplitude envelope options in a future update (we already have the attack parameter so there is hope) but let’s not forget it’s a ‘drum sampler’ which I am (ab)using for melodic multi sampled instruments in my sound packs :wink:

2 Likes

Hi all,

Just a heads up for anyone having trouble transferring (custom/user) samples/files to the OP-1 Field and since I don’t think this is mentioned in the OP-1 Field manual.

The maximum amount of (custom/user) samples/files the OP-1 Field can take is 500.

Make sure you do not exceed that amount or files/samples won’t show up on your OP-1 Field after transfer.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Hi all,

I just updated the Field Broadcast Sound Pack for the OP-1 Field.

Changelog:

• All samples are now normalised so should be as loud as the OP-1 Field presets.
  • Piano (Drum sampler) clicks reduced by using Nitro FX and a shorter release.
  • 5 Bonus Synth Patches for the inconvenience.

I have send all the supporters an email. Enjoy!

1 Like

hi , I really appreciate this thank you
I have received the email
But I must be blind or stupid
But I can’t see how to acces the updated file
I m i supposed to Login on your gumroad page ?

Just got the files.
Go to the « check content » tab, enter your email and voilà ! Download again !

2 Likes

I’ve send another email with the updated sound pack attached which should make things a little easier. Cheers!

2 Likes

I have no idea what s going on
I can’t see a check content tab neither on the mail or the site
Also I don’t have any seconde email with attached files , I have checked the spam folder also
Thank you for the help

I should have been more precise on this one.
I used the same computer for purchasing and downloading.
On my phone, gumroad doesn’t see my purchase. But on my Mac, it sees the initial purchase.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, I tried but unfortunately gumroad didn’t recognize me on the computer
But the I Used the link from the e mail of my purchase and I was able to access the the updated file
Should have thought about that before annoying everyone :joy:

2 Likes

Glad you got it downloaded now.

I will remember to mention the original download link for the next update and I hope you’ll enjoy the sounds.

1 Like