Firmware madness

I decided today to use the TE firmware instead of the beta i installed so had to backtrack. I thought it woukd be simple procedure but nooo. It bricked the Op-1. I should have cleared all samples first i think. It just froze. So i did a Factory reset and phew Okay again.

This is in anticipation of the real OS upgrade. But just for a moment i regretted the action. :slight_smile:

Was there an error message? Could it be that you had a slump preset on one of the 1-8 buttons and that when you went back to the official release, the Op-1 complained because it didn't understand "slump" as an engine type?
Was there an error message? Could it be that you had a slump preset on one of the 1-8 buttons and that when you went back to the official release, the Op-1 complained because it didn't understand "slump" as an engine type?

that’s what happened to me. nothing gets bricked, just the OS crashes late during boot, way past the point at which you can choose to wipe and restore the OP1.

This happens whenever you load an old firmware while you have one of the new engines loaded in the 1-8 slots
If you take care to check that all of the ones loaded when you turn it off are included in the firmware you are going back to, it won’t crash and you won’t have to reset anything

Hi guys. I didnt read all the message but it froze with a script overwritting the first load up screen. When i did the factory reset it said Samples successfully removed. I didnt have any synths assigned to S1-8 def.

It wouldnt even turn off with power switch… I unplugged the usb and it did.

On a side note does anyone know if tthe new expected OS will be much different from the Beta? Theyve had an extra 6 months to develop it further and i would like this feature. A Music sheet !
So i can write music into the sampler as normal sheet music rather than just the Pattern sequencer. It would be great for me.