First Song / Track on OP-1

Hi Fellow OPerators! I’ve been a fly on your screens for over a year, reading your tips, and strategies regarding this wonderful instrument! You have one of the best communities out there…so don’t lose that! **I just completed a track and would appreciate advice, opinions, praise (if warranted)

https://soundcloud.com/arcana-red/op-1-couch-potato-sessions-red-gold-remix

Sorry I haven’t introduced myself properly! Where’s my manners? I’ma musician and music teacher. I used to perform as an Opera singer…but my love of Electronic music was always on my mind ever since my father brought home my first synth a Casio CZ-1. I still have it and keep in great shape!

I need to add that when I went for the album mix down, my OP-1 was struggling! I’m using the new Beta. It would omit / loose audio in spots in initial recording. I had to do a couple takes, and it seemed the culprit was the effects?? I’m not sure. I tried to turn off effects in certain spots, and make sure instrument effects were off and sequencers were off. I can’t really tell if it helped. Never had this problem before until using the BETA. Any advice?
It would omit / loose audio in spots in initial recording. I had to do a couple takes, and it seemed the culprit was the effects?? I'm not sure. I tried to turn off effects in certain spots, and make sure instrument effects were off and sequencers were off. I can't really tell if it helped. Never had this problem before until using the BETA. Any advice?

I think some of the new processing might still be a bit more taxing than the processor can handle. Usually it’s just the visuals that suffer though. I myself have seen the tape run at (guessestimated) 10 FPS while the audio was ticking along fine. If you can reproduce the audio issues it might be something for the OP-1 Beta OS 2016 bug reports.

Welcome to the “active” community :slight_smile:

Hey crude operator…thanks for your thoughts and for welcoming me! Yeah, weird…I had NO problem with visuals. Just audio and also a slow tape speed when erasing. I will look at the bug reports!