Frequent crashes...

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else is crashing to a black screen since the new(ish) OS/firmware update? The crash occasionally happens when I switch to the master effects buss while op-1 is playing back a loop from tape. The error message points to a directory/file location (something like “…/dir/dir”) and then says something about a parameter being out of range. Perhaps this is an overflow or memory leak of some kind?

If it happens again - and at this point that seems likely (the crashes are getting more frequent) - then I’ll either snap a screenshot or transcribe the error message in full.

In the meantime I’d like to hear from anyone who has experienced this issue, or has any insight into the bug that’s causing it.

afraid that*s a well known issue in the latest software!

Thanks for the heads up OD. If it’s well known then I suppose we can only hope that it will be patched soon.

I’m having a slightly different problem. The instant I try to go to the Master Effects screen the whole unit freezes and I get an error message about the effects parameter being out of range, but overlaid on the mixer page. Can’t adjust any master effects parameters. Happens whether playing from synth, drum or tape. Was using 14617, updated to 14203, update makes no difference.

I’ve been really busy with other things for a while and tonight was my first chance to get back to using OP1. I got 30 minutes out of it and now it’s basically unusable. Anybody got any thoughts? Thanks.

might be a long shot, but factory/firmware reset or whatever sometimes clears funky shit up.

I had that problem, there was a bug in an update (probably the one where M1+M2 came back) that let you push some settings out of bounds with the memory keys. A reset/format (forget which) fixed it.

did anybody get this one? http://flic.kr/p/qDGqjU

Not this precise one, but similar.

Mine get stuck when changing some presets.
I just reset the beast, seems to be OK for now.

I installed last firmware as soon as I got the OP-1 and never had trouble so far.
Now that I had some pb, I am surprised to see that so many other have as well.

Did it look like this? This happened to me a couple days ago. I had one similar crash an hour later, and my unit has been working perfectly from then on

Did it look like this? This happened to me a couple days ago. I had one similar crash an hour later, and my unit has been working perfectly from then on
looks the same as mine. happened to me 2-3 times already.

I just got an OP1 5 days ago and had this error twice already. Not sure what I should do - return it under warranty and get a new one? Or is this just something “normal” that happens avery couple of hours using it?

My OP1 came with the newest OS preloaded - is that the way the newer ones are shipped out or is it an indication that my new (factory sealed) unit isn’t as new as they make me believe?

try a factory reset and then restore the firmware. If it doesn’t help, send that sick OP-1 back for one that’s already had it’s warm glass of act right.