Glow in the dark paint

Hey guys just wondering if any of your OP-Zs have this glow in the dark paint on the keys? (pretty sure TE confirmed this would be a thing before release, for dark venues) Asking cause mine do not glow at all.

Apparently they nixed that plan pretty late in the process when they discovered it has a tendency to rub off.

You can set them to backlit which works pretty well, you just change the text in the config file, to do this hold track whilst powering up your OPZ, connect to your computer, open the config folder, you will see a file called general.json, open it with a text editor and where it says “backlit_keys”: false, change the false, to true, (with the comma) you can also change other things in the same way, like mic disable or track preview. The just save and exit, eject the OP-Z and enjoy the backlit keys :slight_smile:

One word of caution, you might want to make a backup before changing it, just in case, and be sure to keep all the punctuation the same.

Does the backlit tweak affect the rest of the indicators? or is it like a slightly dimmed back light? I haven’t really been using the app, and dont think I’d want to in a live setting just yet – curious if it affects how you interface with it

I recently started using it with the backlight turned on and I absolutely love it. it basically sets most of the keys to be dimly lit so you can see what you’re doing in a dark environment, and so far it doesn’t seem to have affected the battery life much at all.

Having said that, I seem to have been lucky in that the battery lasts for ages anyway?

@darve said:
I recently started using it with the backlight turned on and I absolutely love it. it basically sets most of the keys to be dimly lit so you can see what you’re doing in a dark environment, and so far it doesn’t seem to have affected the battery life much at all.

Having said that, I seem to have been lucky in that the battery lasts for ages anyway?

I have a feature request to be able to turn the backlight on and off with a hardware key shift combo…seem like a no brainer!

Thanks for posting this. Just gave it a try and it seems to work perfectly well. Like SLiC said, this should be a no brainer and will hopefully see an official inclusion with a fitting key combo.
Has anyone had any issues since turning this on? Like sudden battery drain or new/different bugs?

@darve said:

How long does your battery last?