Has anyone received a PO order shipping notice yet?

They now have this on their Facebook page:

"The cases for pocket operators are now available for pre-ordering through our website. We can not add anything to existing orders, so if you need to order this also please either just place an additional order, or let us know if you need to cancel the first order and place a new one.

All orders will be processed in sequence, in a first-come, first-served manner. Due to the overwhelming demand, delivery is expected within 2 – 3 months, and hopefully faster. We will let you know as soon as possible when we are ready to ship your order.

Thank you very much for your support! We are very happy about the pocket operators and can’t wait to get them out to you!

Please note: Due to new product launch and new website email response times are a little slower than usual. We read and answer everything so please bare with us and thank you for your understanding!"

Back in the days "in stock" meant "in stock" but nowadays it means something else it seems :)

looked and didn’t see that anywhere. last post was on the 22nd saying “pos are here. buy buy buy”

2 - 3 months??? Are they fucking kidding?

When I placed the order nowhere did it say that delivery will be months away.
Contrary to that: all I hear was them saying over and over that they are available NOW in their store.
A purchase with that kind of wait is called a pre-order. At best.

Anyway, hoping that the 2-3 months is for later, back-orders.
They now have this on their Facebook page:

"The cases for pocket operators are now available for pre-ordering through our website. We can not add anything to existing orders, so if you need to order this also please either just place an additional order, or let us know if you need to cancel the first order and place a new one.

All orders will be processed in sequence, in a first-come, first-served manner. Due to the overwhelming demand, delivery is expected within 2 – 3 months, and hopefully faster. We will let you know as soon as possible when we are ready to ship your order.

Thank you very much for your support! We are very happy about the pocket operators and can’t wait to get them out to you!

Please note: Due to new product launch and new website email response times are a little slower than usual. We read and answer everything so please bare with us and thank you for your understanding!"

Back in the days "in stock" meant "in stock" but nowadays it means something else it seems :)

looked and didn’t see that anywhere. last post was on the 22nd saying “pos are here. buy buy buy”

See here: https://www.facebook.com/teenageengineering/posts/10152963942761550?comment_id=10152973345461550&offset=0&total_comments=45

^gotcha!

ouch! hope that’s really targeted towards people ordering after the site updated to april shipping tho =<br>
hard to imagine them blanket stating that for the people who ordered while it was “in stock”

I can believe they would have, say, 5,000 of each in stock from an initial production run - but given the Moogfest model was in the low hundreds, yes? - I’d expect 2000 of each to be more likely. Why that? Well, depending on your manufacturing run you tend to get breaks at things like 500, 1000, etc. because they can plan the time the tooling will be required to dovetail into new jobs.

So if they had 2000 of each, and a quantity is allocated to Cheap Monday and Colette (given the response and people buying from Colette I’d think 250 of each for them, and 250 of each for Cheap Monday might actually be way conservative), maybe they have 1,500 units left to send out - which would be hard enough work as it is without trying to do it right after NAMM. They probably have an automated system to print and label, but they still need to pack and verify payment.

I don’t now how the order numbers are allocated - though it’s fair to assume I’m late to the party with a 200,900 series one. If they are linear, not all orders will be for a PO, and not all orders will be for all three POs - maybe they will run out of PO-12 before PO-16. Who knows.

Mine didn’t say backordered, but it also has no shipping confirmation. Let’s just be patience, eh? Not like it’s an iPhone that you MUST BUY ON THE DAY OF RELEASE otherwise you’re just not cool anymore.

I never was cool anyway. As long as they appear before they’re retro, I’m happy. And as said before; Teenage Engineering seem to have a real hit on their hands. Maybe, really, > Korg’s little baby things for initial demand. If mine show up soon enough I will be showing them to the guys at PMT Northampton. I mean, seriously, that little box on a hangtag costs less than a couple of good XLR leads. It is a great impulse purchase. I hope that by the end of 2014 Teenage Engineering are rolling in piles of money and POs like some scene from a sordid gangster movie.

It took them four years to sell 17,000 OP-1s if that serial number thread is any indication. It could be that they have sold more than that many POs in 4 days.

My credit card was already charged when ordering a few days ago. Does this mean my order is in process or could it be in 2-3 months time?

nobody knows! it’s the not knowing for sure that kills >_<

def happy for them though. seems like they struck gold with the pos

If you order something that is listed as “IN STOCK” then 2-3 months delivery delay is ridiculous.
Simple as that.

Oh well, I guess we’ll see how things develop. Maybe they limited orders to available stock, like I think colette did at their site.

I had emailed about my order (184700ish) and asking if the shipping delay applied to me, and got the same form letter. My hope is that the form letter went to everyone, and they’ll get them out ASAP.

Another possibility - since they’re running their own store - is that they did oversell the existing stock before they managed to update the site.

Hopefully some of us will find out soon on here when orders start shipping, and we can start correlating order numbers…

Ah, I didn’t see that the post was referring to the cases.

Judging by the way their site was behaving, I wouldn’t be surprised if they oversold their PO stock, as suggested by @rkabir

Order no. 183xxx when I ordered they were showing as “In Stock” so if I have to wait a few months I will not be at all pleased, had they said “pre-order available in a few months” I’d have used the money for something else, and bought them when they were readily available, most probably from a retailer.

Still, heres hoping “in stock” still means what it implies.

Also have a 1832XX … nothing yet.

it’d be nice if they could even tell people “sorry you’re fucked and have to wait after-all” pretty soon. It definitely said “in stock” when I ordered, too.

well, as someone pointed out that FB post was about the cases, not the PO’S, so i still have hope that us nerds that ordered within the first hour are all safe to get ours 1. before anyone else other than parisians 2. within a month. just a hope i guess!

Oh, it said in stock when I ordered at 2009xx. I strongly suspect they’ve oversold. They’ve got the payment for the machines, too, but I did it through PayPal. Nothing I can do except wait, so wait I must!

Seems to be a big gap in the order numbers.

In the video cukoo posted in the “something new” thread. Jonatan said that the first shipment went to colette and the second shipment was expected in about a month or so. Don’t know if that means that the orders on the TE web store will start ship in a month.

^ I think Jonatan was a bit uncertain and mentioned a month and then two weeks…