Heads up Korg SQ1 on ebay UK £89

In case anyone was interested

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Korg-SQ-1-Analogue-Step-Sequencer-/281579732073?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item418f75bc69

Wow, it’s allready out? That’s great.

I’m curious how syncing my electribe and minrute would be in contrast with 5pin din midi. The minibrute has no sync i/o 3.5mm ports, so this may be the key sequemcer.

They are on music store sites for £79 (Absolute Music for one).

^ Ha, yeah spotted that after I ordered 2, nevermind still a bargain!

Apparently the SQ 1 doesn’t send midi clock out which is a shame.

I wonder when it’ll hit the US. Got my 2 Monotribes and the right cv/gate cables ready to roll.

Apparently the SQ 1 doesn't send midi clock out which is a shame.

Could be because the way the clocking works, 8 steps interpolated internally to 16, modded Monotribes send midi clock but at 16th notes the tempo is halved, maybe they thought that would confuse/irritate people?

Nice one, ordered mine whilst on break!
Mr 202 is getting a playmate…

I wonder when it'll hit the US. Got my 2 Monotribes and the right cv/gate cables ready to roll.

just got one at sweetwater

It does send midi clock BTW, I tested it with my midi’d monotribe.

@darenager how do you like it as a controller for the tribe? you ahve got me very tempted!

Got my SQ-1 Monday, had an unexpected windfall and went ahead and ordered the MS20 M kit so got a 2nd SQ-1 for nowt! Arrived yesterday so going to try and build it this week coming and have some double sequencer fun with that patch bay!
Good stuff!

Update- Built the beast! It was good fun putting an MS20 m together, and afterwards I molested it with 2 SQ-1s! Had an original back in the day and now I can play around again, there’s nothing like a 909 through that bastard! Also just incase anyone is wondering, the kit comes with all the tools you need apart from a Phillips and a flathead screwdriver…