Help a beginner record into Android phone using irig2 please!

Hi there,

I’m a bit new to all this and have tried searching for an answer. Has anyone done a beginners guide to recording out of the OP-Z into and Android phone using an irig2? I can’t seem to get the phone to record the audio when I’m videoing for instance.

Sorry if this is asked one thousand times a day.

Slight update,

I’ve got it working but monitoring the output using a 1/4 inch adapter through the top into headphones only gives one side of the audio. It works but not ideal!

not sure if u are using the 1/4" output with an adapter to 1/8"
or the other way around

but if its the first one, the 1/4" output is most likely mono so thats prolly why
u should use the 1/8" headphone out that is prolly set up for stereo phones.

if u are using the 1/8" headphone then i would investigate how the apps u are using are sending audio out

Thanks, I wasn’t getting any audio from the headphone 1/8 so tried a 1/4 adapter to 1/8 at the top end which resulted in the mono sound. I’ll have another go later and see if I’ve missed anything.

is the monitoring switch on the side set to THRU or FX??

if u are using THRU that would explain it, as the 1/4" amp output gets its signal straight from the input

whereas FX, the output would get its signal from the phone.
the headphone output is likely always getting its signal from the phone

sooo if this is the case, i would guess that your app isn’t piping the sound thru the output at the same time it is recording.
maybe there is a monitor on/off setting in the video app u are using or u need a different app that allows this.

i don’t have the irig2 but i have the irig2HD which has the same features but just the audio is piped in & out thru the USB instead of the TRRS jack

1 Like

Cheers. I shall report back!

Hi,

I just tried using the iRig 3 app for android using the same settings and it works fine! The standard phone video on my Samsung S9 plus doesn’t allow monitoring it seems. Many thanks for your help.