Help! OP-1 Several Problems: AUDIO STOP WORKING

First my audio output connector start failing, mostly right channel.

After that, stop working but also the speaker!
Thanks for any help!!

Sounds like the audio connector switch failed along with the rest of the connector. This is the part number (according to another thread) and it’s available on mouser.com. You need to be handy with a soldering iron to fix. I think there’s a thread somewhere about replacing it.

Jack SJ1-3515-SMT (CUI)

Sounds like the audio connector switch failed along with the rest of the connector. This is the part number (according to another thread) and it's available on mouser.com. You need to be handy with a soldering iron to fix. I think there's a thread somewhere about replacing it.

Jack SJ1-3515-SMT (CUI)

thanks, and the speaker at the same time?

It’s possible the jack gives a signal that it’s being used, that would cause your speaker to turn off.

u could also just get a whole new board if you’re not that keen on de-soldering the jack.

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Parts/OP-1-Connector-Board/IF237-000

Sketches me out how many of these i/O board problems seem to turn up. If it was a behringer unit people would be going nuts saying it was badly built/cheap parts… Hoping I don’t hit the same problems after warranty!

Has anyone had one of their failing boards analyzed to see what the issue is? Or maybe even reworked so that if the iFixIt boards run out we could at least sell/trade in the community? I’d be happy to look at any failing boards to see if there are any obvious issues.

Has anyone had one of their failing boards analyzed to see what the issue is? Or maybe even reworked so that if the iFixIt boards run out we could at least sell/trade in the community? I'd be happy to look at any failing boards to see if there are any obvious issues.

Good idea :slight_smile: