Hidden Choplifter game on OP-1

This is an effect you unlock by reaching the ape cave.

Or it should

best idea

woah, i had no idea there was an underground section to this game.

How do you get down thereā€¦?

OH MAN I WANT APE TAPE!!! a tape saturation effect/delay. that would keep me from buying a strymon saturation pedal(capistan; deco)

last year I peeked inside the firmware file (not encrypted or anything, just a tar file with checksum) and there are a bunch of SVG files that the OP-1 uses to render graphics

I recognised the giant choplifter pic posted by @TabascoEye - called lander.svg

in the same folder is the apetape.svg with a date of 2012 on it - has been there for a few versions so not something new, perhaps a work in progress or abandoned and the file was never deleted

^ Maybe we should start an Ape Tape petition! :slight_smile:

I reckon thatā€™s what our beloved tape screen might have been in a parallel universe. I wonder what ā€œWā€ means!?!

Waitā€¦ so the only way to get the ā€œApe Tapeā€ enabled on the OP-1 is to clear the chopper game???

Wait........ so the only way to get the "Ape Tape" enabled on the OP-1 is to clear the chopper game???

Lol, I think that was a joke. But, does anyone know anyone who has actually beaten the game? It seems Beefinator has. No hidden FX unlocked? I actually talked to T.E a while back about doing a Choplifter competition and getting people to send in high scores and shit. They said there was one guy around the office who had beaten it. Possibly the guy who programmed it lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS-iP3fDnBg

min: 1:18 ???

well spotted! I guess that confirms my theory Ape Tape as an old device that never made the final cut, not some new device on itā€™s way

Ape Tape looks awesome!

Interesting to see a prototype OP-1, the buttons looker whiter and shinier and the Help button logo is different

Perhaps W would have been Wobble? :smiley:

And yes, I can confirm that reaching the GAS platform (the end?) does not unlock any new effectsā€¦

One amusing thing that Iā€™ve noticed about the Choplifter game (and I believe Iā€™ve mentioned this here before) is that most of the OP-1ā€™s functionality (e.g. the keyboard) is disabled while in the game. One of the few things that isnā€™t: the tape play/stop buttons. I bet this was intentional, so you can make your own soundtracks to the game :slight_smile:

At least a nice simple chorus for the background music : )

you did mention it before @beefinator. I suggested loading the Airwolf theme to the Tape :smiley:

WR?

Edit: canā€™t get image embedding to work on mobile site, and Iā€™m not at a computer
Score: 1,300,000

My 15 year old little brother used his Spring Break to get the maximum possible score, so I think thatā€™s game, folks

3,300,000 :

My 15 year old little brother used his Spring Break to get the maximum possible score, so I think that's game, folks

3,300,000 :

He is 'Choplift-Champ', part two of 'King of Kong'.
My 15 year old little brother used his Spring Break to get the maximum possible score, so I think that's game, folks

3,300,000 :

he undoubtedly deserves something

Soā€¦ WHATā€™S IN THE BOX ???