Hocus Pocus: Teenage Engineering mysterious new product

I’d say a battery with a crank so you can recharge it manually.

1 Like

Given that they’re no longer Teenage, and more Middle-age, the new apparatus is a rechargeable USBC insulated hot drinks flask with special mug that you can wrap your hands around on a cold day so your fingers can still press the tiny buttons on your TE devices. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

OP-Z firmware gets updated a week before this announcement, coincidence? I wouldn’t know where to begin dissecting the FW.

I just hope this is NOT about the Playdate handheld game “thing”… but now that I mentioned it, that fishing picture is very suspicious:

It’s obvious, isn’t it?
it will be a climate neutral modified and renamed PO-33 with no place for batteries. Powered by a small solar panel which is replacing the LCD on the original PO-33. This will be named PO-39 “Lights Out!” and the collectors edition version will be named PO-139 “Greta Edition”.

4 Likes

Yeah, except TE said it’s something that’s been under development for a while. Apparently Playdate has been developed only for a couple of years.

I hate to say the obvious, but couldn’t “a while” mean a couple of years?

CB

“our new (still secret) product started development almost six years ago.”

Yeah, and it would be kinda lame for TE to unveil a secret product that has already been announced, so it must be something else, I hope…

1 Like

It is important to note that the playdate is not a teenage engineering product. They have just been involved in parts of the hardware design.

1 Like

they also stated that the worldwide delivery starts one day after launch.

its friday

2 Likes

My family and I are poised around the radiogram awaiting the official announcement.

4 Likes
1 Like

My first though was perhaps another PO modular unit, but that would not aline with the “six years in the making” statement earlier. (Also kind of sad it’s not an OP-Z module either)

There’s got to be some clever person who can work out what this is… I’m still in the dark on this one!

1 Like

According to my buddy this looks like something that will have two antennas (could be bluetooth or whatever) and two mechanical buttons on the left.

2 Likes

ah. walkie talkie !

the play date also has two buttons and some un specified wireless system for content delivery. But Panic said TE developed the crank not the whole thing.

could there be a pixelated image sensor?