Hocus Pocus: Teenage Engineering mysterious new product

Any ideas what the new item coming from teenage engineering is?

Hopefully not a new £1000 pair of trainers or something.

4 Likes

A raincoat or some piece of ridiculously expensive pair of socks?

3 Likes

they mention it being great for outdoors. I wonder if it’s some sort of portable batter/ speaker/ midi bluetooth device for expanding the op-z in some way shape or form. but i really have no clue.

3 Likes

Gotta be a field recorder of some sort, maybe teenage engineering’s version of Koma elektronik’s field kit. Recording will be done on either virtual laser disks or tiny beta max cassettes.

7 Likes

A fishing rod synthesizer?

7 Likes

i would love that!

2 Likes

Me too to be honest, and I do hope it allows for easy connection with the op-z/op-1.

They have been apparently working on it since around 2014. That is not long after the OP-1 came out. Interesting…

If you look at the first low quality b&w image in the promotional email it appears they have pixelated out something on the table in the left of the photo, but maybe it just looks that way.

1 Like

Wonder what would TE would regard as some new magic apparatus. A call centre system perhaps?

CB

3 Likes

stoked

It also looks like there is something else pixelated on her lap

1 Like

Maybe it’s just Vodka :wink:

1 Like

I’m guessing portable coffee maker. They’ve been perfecting it since 2014 because they’ve needed alot of coffee to get stuff done…

1 Like

Yeah I guess it could be anything that they’ve decided to pixelate out. Probably unrelated to the new product. Maybe she’s just skinning-up.

4 Likes

TE rolling mat?

1 Like

Vodka Distiller / Synth / ethanol powered speaker?

I heard its a grand for each trainer. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Where did this news come from? Is it from a newsletter?

Yes. A mailout came yesterday and was on their instagram

2 Likes