How do you feed your OP-1 output into a DAW?

I have been using op-1 straight into the behringer uca202 going into audactiy. Of course if you have nicer interface then use that :slight_smile: Good for normalising etc. and chopping bits back to then be fed back into op1 if I feel like it later.

I am a poor, cheapskate and suck at life so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I’m trying to feed the OP-1 into an old tape deck (which has been converted to a space echo). How do I get sound to come out on both sides-it’s driving me nuts. I have tried TRS adapters, using a mono to stereo leads into 2 channels of a small mixer, a splitter adapter - all nothing. Can someone please help?

I'm trying to feed the OP-1 into an old tape deck (which has been converted to a space echo). How do I get sound to come out on both sides-it's driving me nuts. I have tried TRS adapters, using a mono to stereo leads into 2 channels of a small mixer, a splitter adapter - all nothing. Can someone please help?

I was running into a similar issue, and it’s probably because of the type of cable you are running.

Your cable needs to be a stereo 1/8" to mono 1/4" or RCA (whatever your input is in the tape deck).

Something like this should do the job nicely:

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Splitter-Computer-Multimedia-Speakers/dp/B00ZKM3SHK

Although having a bit more info about what cables you are using, and what your inputs are on the tape deck might help clear things up. I was having this very issue not long ago, and the nice folks here helped me out. It was just me not understanding what type of cabling I needed for my setup.

Although having a bit more info about what cables you are using, and what your inputs are on the tape deck might help clear things up. I was having this very issue not long ago, and the nice folks here helped me out. It was just me not understanding what type of cabling I needed for my setup.

Thanks for the info man - you sent me on the right track.

Set it up the way you mentioned and also used a mono splitter adapter into the headphone/output (of the tape deck) for the headphones. The bonus is now using the other splitter input (from the tape output) back into the OP-1 rec in…So now i can record the output of the tape echo back into OP-1!