How to save songs ? and how to access multiple projects ?

Hi,

I bought a OP-1 a couple of days ago and I’m still learning it. I’d like to know how to save a song ? I guess it’s with the COM option right (I have to learn it, if so). When accessing it, is it possible to still access the different tape tracks ?

Is there such thing as multiple projects ? I guess you have to use the tape and then change the tempo for each new song ?!

Yeah the COM option turns the OP-1 into an USB drive, you can access the album sides, tape tracks (as AIFF files), and synth and sampler presets (not the factory ones though). You can rename the snapshots on flash disk and give them proper names, they will be shown in the OP-1 UI as well. Also you can create folders for your presets.

I think there are 2 ways to go regarding multiple projects. Fit all of them on tape/album, or then change tape files via USB. Keep in mind that the mixer settings are not saved anywhere, so if you want to keep switching projects, write down all the info on the mixer pages (eq, compression, faders, master effect params etc).

For me, I love the fact that you only work with one stretch of tape at a time. So I finish a track, archive it, and then move on to new things. With multiple projects it’s difficult for me to finish tracks. So you could also think this limitation as a design feature!

i’ve been wondering (and maybe this info is available somewher). but is there away to back up your sequences? finger and endless and all that?

i've been wondering (and maybe this info is available somewher). but is there away to back up your sequences? finger and endless and all that?

Afraid not. All you can do is scribble down your sequences on a piece of paper…

You can always record them into a MIDI sequencer…

So if I save a song to the album can i call it back up to continue working on it later or is the album a “final” bounce of all tracks? If I export the project files to my mac is there a way to bring them back in to continue working on it later? via sampler? just got my OP1 and Im still trying to understand this thing… thanks!

Album is a full bounce - like bouncing out of a DAW.

If you want to “recall” a project later, you do that by saving your tapes (tracks 1-4 in the COM USB mode) somewhere in a folder, then dragging them back to your OP1. always make sure you name the folder with the tempo, so you can reset your master tempo when you recall your tapes and will have your edit points in the right spots
1 Like