I got a broken OP-1 out of the box and they never fixed it

I bought an OP-1 in 2019, out of the box it had a tape error where it fills the entire tape between in/out points blue if it loops while recording obliterating all of your song sections. It also glitches out on rare occasion making the whole UI unusable - I just have to turn it off and wait (it’s impossibe to replicate the glitch problem). It also had a bad encoder. TE fixed the encoder after a bunch of emails I had to send it in twice to be repaired (the first time they said it’s not broken - it was.). The tape error they said was a software problem that they would fix with an update in the future. It’s been 5 years and they havn’t fixed it. It’s impossible to use, i can’t even sell the damn thing. I feel like they just gave me a faulty unit and stole my money.

I am frustrated and will likley never buy another TE product.

2 Likes

Why didn’t the authorized retailer help you out? I got about 5 broken TE products so I just brought it back to the retailer.

I bought it directly from TE

damn that stinks. FWIW ive had nothing but great helpful interactions and support from te directly. i checked out the loop glitch but couldn’t notice anything awry in the video. what was the issue exactly?

edit: i see what you are saying. the way it looks is perfectly normal. all op1 and op1-fields do this same thing. however, if it is overwriting your sound data that is bad. this never happens normally, it just looks like that because its part of how the ui renders it but the data is never overwritten. if you are absolutely sure your sound data is getting obliterated that def sounds like a bug.

2 Likes

^ I’d like to second this comment: the OP-1 appears to behave normally in the video you shared, but something’s definitely wrong if it’s deleting any audio while it’s doing this. Without sound it’s hard to tell if that’s happening, though.

Edit: after re-reading the original post it sounds like you might be frustrated that it joins together all splits between the in/out points. That would definitely be frustrating, though the good news is it doesn’t mean anything is wrong with your unit.

1 Like

Oh yeah!!! Windowbed is right. You probably aren’t used to the in/out and you have it set on itself for 1 second loops.

Did you try to turn of loops recording and see how it goes ?

I had a working OP-1 before, this is the second unit I have owned and the first one did not act like this or have any of these problems.

If I set the workspace to not loop or select the entire workspace ( 6 minutes) it will fill the entire in/out section obliterating all tape splits when it loops. It also glitches out at unpredictable times making the UI unusable (not able to control any of the modes with the encoders, parts of the screen not showing up, corrupting part of what I recorded, making broken sounds) usually at the mos tinconvenient times when I 've been using it for an hour or two.

@ [djcuvcuv] the first op-1 I owned definately did not do this.
Whats the point of having a loop mode if you can’t record without it destroying all of your visual split points? if you record over thise split points, it’s normal that those go away, but filling the entire work area blue with no visual splits when it loops is not normal.

Sorry to hear that.

that def sounds like a bug in that it obliterates the audio. but the split points or snips/scissor points disappearing is indeed normal. this is just how it works. perhaps on some older FW it did not do this. but on the latest FW on both the field and the OG, those little snips in the track do disappear upon looping back to the beginning. HOWEVER, the audio does NOT disappear.

1 Like