Idea to effectively save and/or share plug-preset-libraries

Hey guys,

I noticed that it still seems to be quite uncommon to share plug-presets for the OP-Z. Some people tend to think that there aren’t many sound-possibilities for each plug, but my experience is that you can immitate MANY sounds with the help of the factory engines and the right use of each parameter page.

Since there is no real solution for preset-management inside the OP-Z or the app, I thought about a workaround to share whole sound-libraries WITHOUT overwriting your beloved OP-Z respectively without the need of sharing complete backups.

Instead of sharing backups and overwriting your whole unit, the solution could be to share projects and extract the settings from different patterns into presets on your unit.

1. Open an empty project.
  2. Inside each project you can save up to 16 patterns and each pattern may include completely different settings of its own.
  3. As an example let’s say you use the “Uranus” patch on the bass track of all 16 patterns. You now have the possibility to save 16 different settings (I won’t call them “presets”, since they are not saved as presets, yet), one per pattern.
  4. At the same time you could e. g. save 16 different “cluster”-settings on the SYNTH-track, 16 different “electric”-settings on the ARP-track etc.
  5. So all in all you could save 64 settings PER PROJECT and build up a library of up to 640 settings “per OP-Z” (=per ten projects).
  6. The good thing is: individual project-files are available and exchangeable via content mode! Presets are not.

Now: What to do with all that stuff??

1. It’s important that, when importing the project-files, your “exchange partner” has to use the same plug-setup (e. g. the standard factory-layout of plugs on each track).
  2. Your partner (or you yourself, if you want to recall settings) now imports the respective project-file(s).
  3. Browse through the projects and patterns to try out all the different settings.
  4. If you find a setting you like, just save it as a preset (there it is!) on your device, by holding track and one of the “white piano keys” on your op-z.
  5. You can now freely choose to save up to 14 different settings per plug as preset on your device.
  6. After that, simply clear the “library-projects” on your device to start/resume your work. All your chosen settings will still be saved as presets inside each plug and can be recalled anytime.
  7. If you’d like you can now choose to import projects you’ve been working on and use the “new” presets on those. Or be happy about a freshly loaded OP-Z and try something new.

The big plus of this method is that you can browse through hundreds of settings and pick which ones you actually want to use and save as presets.
I always hated the idea to import a foreign backup to my device whithout being flexible in any way. It has always been an “all-or-nothing” decision.
Of course you can adjust this method to not build your library from scratch on a blank OP-Z but while creating tracks etc. etc…

3 Likes

I like the idea and will definitely work more with the presets…maybe someday there’s a way to share it via the App

1 Like