If you had the chance to return your OP-Z?

Yes the workflow is really really good, is really easy to make really organic sequences and I feel like the way it swings it reminds me of older mpc’s. I use a digitakt too and I love it but the sequencer in the opz feels much more organic.

1 Like

I’m right there with you! Love my Elektron boxes, but the OP-Z sequencer just clicks with me.

The squid has some ryt cool features like pushing ahead or backwards in time throughout the passage of a phrase.

Can you get direct support from TE given that you did not buy through their site? As far as I know you cannot…

Hi , mine has the same issues, bow , pop up encoder ! Bottom case shakes !
What should I do ? I bought in January!
Thanks !

I just got a completely stress free return and new unit from vintage king USA. Even though I live in Australia. Highly highly recommended store. Best service ever.

I think you should use your warranty and have a replacement or fixed device

Any news from TE on the encoders? Thanks!

I’m on my 2nd unit now. Low A note is double trigging like mad now though :thinking: Track key is jittery, and has to be pressed real hard.

I just wish there was a way to fix the double trigger issue. At this point I’d be even okay with having to solder.

My shift button is getting pretty loose and sometimes wont engage unless I press pretty hard. Even still im keeping it lol.

Mine also has the encoder and button press issues. Glad to know some other people don’t have this problem. Will see if I can get it replaced.

Thanks for all the info, everyone.

I agree wholeheartedly. This is a great machine and it deserves attention for how great it is and from TE with the warranty aspect. Maybe if we put a petition together and showed them that we love them and our machines but we feel they need to do right by the device so as to not tarnish the legacy of their innovative and ground breaking devices.

I don’t know…I might return it but it would be a difficult decision. Mine came a little wee bit bent, two of the feet don’t stay where they’re supposed to, and every now and then I will get a double trig or almost a double trig. My encoders seem to be fine. As far as having a new op-1, the only issue I’ve had is the battery meter. It’s weird because the meter works fine until I load my own samples and start using the tape. Factory reset fixes it every time BUT, I shouldn’t have to do this. I love both instruments very much but next time I spend $1500-$2000, it will either be on an Octatrack, another guitar, or maybe venture into modular. It won’t be with TE. I don’t know if I should contact them or not about my op-z. Doesn’t seem to be as bad as what other people are experiencing…

1 Like

This kind of crap is just… totally baffling to me. You didn’t expect it to be the same build quality as a Digitakt? Even though the opz is only 150 cheaper, yet is a paltry fraction of the size, has no screen, is made of fracking plastic, and has nearly 0 customer support? Yet the build quality is awful, the QC is literally non existent, and instead of being easy to use and get service on like other expensive brands (i.e. apple), it’s an actual joke of the synth community, how bad TE’s support is.

How do you justify that? How do you decide that for $600 that that’s what you expect?

I’d really hoped that a year and a half later a lot of this was sorted, but mine came warped, and the bluetooth doesn’t work worth a damn with my iPad, and a few buttons occasionally double trigger, which I’m sure will escalate dramatically in the coming months if I don’t return it.

I want to love it, but they literally fight tooth and nail to try to stop me from appreciating their product. It’s insane.

3 Likes

No, mine is fine.

I don’t have an appreciable bend and over a year after purchase there’s no sign of popping encoders.

I do get double trigs but only if I’m not playing it on a level surface, if it’s on a desk or another flat surface it’s fine. To be honest a lot of the double trigs I get are pressure problems where I haven’t exerted enough or clipped the button rather than pressing it. I think that’s just a facet of having such a small keyboard with click based buttons.

I’ve, so far, not had any crashes or requirement to factory reset. I’ve also had no issues with Bluetooth connection to my iPad or phone either.

I do think it’s a little overpriced for what it is, but not much.

Same experience here.∆

My OP-Z has some of the issues discussed, but I probably wouldn’t have got into making music without it and the POs so it’s a keeper.

1 Like