Initial thought on PO's

@oponeuser How can you be so sure that TE won't realise a different version with a new OS? Or maybe they will release a new version with a power slider. Just to keep you happy. :P

|

Just droppin’ my two cents in here:
Has there ever been another sampler around that costs 89$ and has physical buttons and potis…
and also runs on 2AAA batteries for a few days?
Before the year 2000 people would have killed for a PO-33…
Great music has been done on machines that are a lot simpler than these.

Also comparing PO & OP-1 is a difficult one, as the price gap is huge.
So obviously the POs are lacking in comparison. Yet I would argue they have some advantages over the OP-1.

For me PO-33 is one of the best pieces of gear I have bought…it’s so immediate & fun.

Of course I haven’t used the Sub so far, so I can’t assess how good it is…but the metal series is well worth the price.

The Sub PO 14 is a lot of fun. Great value with some lovely bass sounds. The fx suit it too.
I found it a little weird to program and feel the Po35 (also a mono Synth) has come on miles ahead in advances of what you can do to make things easier and better, but the Sub is a decent bass machine.
Can stand up next to, say, the excellent Monotribe.

Do you still love > @oponeuser said:

Not sure anyone can complain at the £50 price point over not having an on / off switch. As @sammyjams suggests, sell on if you’re not happy, from where I am sitting these are a big hit. I don’t have any yet, waiting a few months for when all the excitement settles down and will get one with the case. Maybe after an OS update too where the games are playable. Here’s hoping!

There will never be an OS update for any of the PO’s. Is that why you guys think these are so special- because they were so cheap? I got them for inspiration-nothing more. I would have gladly paid the extra 15.00 to ad an on/off switch and a proper battery enclosure-just like everyone else would have.

Not licking TE asses anymore?

Just got my PO-33 - initial thoughts? It’s smaller in person than I thought it would be lol. Even though I saw a boatload of videos on it, I wasn’t expecting the size.

Haven’t really had a good chance to crack into it yet, but the little bit of fooling around I was doing was fun and that’s what I’m looking for nowadays :slight_smile:

The 3ds is for ages 6 and up so we can put the ‘toddler’s toy’ argument to bed once and for all lol