Interesting production tips??

Hi guys i feel like I’ve got a good workflow with OP-1 now, and am creating music on a regular basis.

However to stop things getting stagnant, i wondered if you could share some interesting production techniques using OP-1? Different ways to use the LFO, bouncing down tracks, layering FX etc.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Hey dude, maybe let us know your workflow, so we know we’re not telling you to try what you already do. Have you checked out the tips and tricks thread?

Hey dude, maybe let us know your workflow, so we know we’re not telling you to try what you already do. Have you checked out the tips and tricks thread?

Yeah cheers mate. Well I’m making good use of resampling and bouncing down tracks in order to apply more effects, create variations etc.

My workflow is pretty much same as others i guess, creating a few 8 bar loops and flicking back and forth, muting tracks in/out to create variations.

One thing id like to know, is how people go about creating drum fills and variations. I know you can program into sequencers but its kind of fiddly.

Also any tips on creating distortion / crunch would be handy.

For mixing sounds as stereo on two tape tracks panned hard left and right , this is an interesting thread…
https://www.operator-1.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/14879/#Comment_14879
For distortion try hitting the Drive in master with 1-3 release and high drive ,maybe lower blue/green .Then bounce back to Tape (or drop to album and slow tape right down , free styling tape tricks -stutter,reverse,rewind,tape speed,M1&2).
For drum fills the manual says get a 2nd copy of drum patch with drums remapped and switch to this user voice for the fill ,live during seq playback. I like Dbox with random lfo setting of 2, then push up setting for drum fills. Finger is a nice sequencer for fills & poly rhythms.Join is probably my fave setting.

Hi guys i feel like I've got a good workflow with OP-1 now, and am creating music on a regular basis.

However to stop things getting stagnant, i wondered if you could share some interesting production techniques using OP-1? Different ways to use the LFO, bouncing down tracks, layering FX etc.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

I presume you’ve been through the “Tips and Tricks” thread stickied to the top of the forum and tried all those out? That’s the place to go and that’ll keep you busy for a while! I found it a great resource. No point repeating loads of tips in any other thread.