Got my OP-1 on preorder with Sweetwater. Hopefully it makes it before Thanksgiving break!
Quick intro / why I’m getting this:
- Musician for at least 40 years
- Learned basic keys 2 years ago
- My career has been in software design and usability
- Quite sure that exercising creativity is a good thing for me on many dimensions
- Play guitar and bass, play bass in praise band for 10 years
- Got a Minibrute and learned synth basics last year
- Regularly improvise at home using Boomerang looper, Akai drum machine, guitar or bass, and synth
- Sunk way too much time into learning Ableton and many, many iPad apps for music-making. Staying away from it for now. KISS.
- Love great design
- Really want to push myself into song writing in the near future. Even if no one else hears it! (And it’s OK if they do.)
- Ideally, what I record also becomes something I can perform live.
- Have a bias against quantized beats and sequences. Nothing is absolute in music, but I’m committing myself for now to playing that loop like a human.
Anyway, that’s me.
I’m hoping to use this forum to learn, share, and figure out what gear to keep, use with the OP1, or to sell off.